Meadow Street and Stadium Drive Intersection to Be Closed Next Week
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Contractors replacing the sewer on a section of Stadium Drive will have to close a section of the street, as well as the Meadow Street/Stadium Drive intersection. The closure will start on Monday, June 18, the intersection is expected to re-open on Thursday, June 21.
Traffic will be diverted to Leroy Pond Drive for the south section of Stadium Drive, and to Maple Street for the north section.
When the intersection is re-opened, Stadium Drive will be reduced to one lane in this area from Thursday, June 21, to Friday, June 22, and it’s recommended that drivers avoid the intersection if possible.
Weather permitting, Stadium Drive and Meadow Street will be fully reopened Saturday, June 23.
Road work will continue to affect traffic in two other locations at times:
- Dickson Street and Arkansas Avenue intersection through June 22
- Stadium Drive, between Clinton Drive and Leroy Pond, through April 2019
Intermittent closures of sidewalks are also expected at the following locations:
- West side of Garland in front of Pat Walker Center.
- West side of Arkansas between Dickson and the Carnall Hall parking lot entrance.
Ongoing closures of sidewalks:
- North side of Maple in front of new sororities east of Leverett Avenue.
- East side of Leverett from Maple to entrance of lot 38.
- South side of Maple from Arkansas to Gregg Avenue.
- East side of Arkansas from Reagan to Maple.
- South of Kimpel and WCOB from Harmon to McIlroy.
- East side of Razorback Road next to the Reynolds Razorback Stadium.
- Parts of the east and west sides of Stadium between Meadow and West Clinton.
- West side of Stadium Drive between Maple and the south endzone.
- North and south sides of Maple between Razorback and Administration Building parking.
- West side parking lot 29.
- Steps from Stadium Drive along south side of Sigma Alpha Epsilon chapter house.
- East side of Gladson Ripley.
Steve Voorhies, manager of media relations
U of A parking permit stickers for the 2018-2019 year must be placed on car windshields by the end of the month to avoid parking citations.
A tour of the excavation of Rome's newest subway line proved particularly interesting; since the excavation began in 2007, several archeological discoveries have been made.
Hyatt and his co-author spent five years studying Walmart's sustainability program, which they call "an ambitious effort to figure out how to get its budget-conscious customers to buy more sustainable products."
The talents of Beaulieu and Pernet will be on display at the Sculpture Studio Gallery located at 744 S. Hill Ave., Aug. 16-31, with the opening reception from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Aug. 16.
Auditions for all 2018-2019 Choral Ensembles will be held Monday, Aug. 20, and Tuesday, Aug. 21. All students, regardless of major, are eligible to audition and participate.