Meadow Street and Stadium Drive Intersection to Be Closed Next Week
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Contractors replacing the sewer on a section of Stadium Drive will have to close a section of the street, as well as the Meadow Street/Stadium Drive intersection. The closure will start on Monday, June 18, the intersection is expected to re-open on Thursday, June 21.
Traffic will be diverted to Leroy Pond Drive for the south section of Stadium Drive, and to Maple Street for the north section.
When the intersection is re-opened, Stadium Drive will be reduced to one lane in this area from Thursday, June 21, to Friday, June 22, and it’s recommended that drivers avoid the intersection if possible.
Weather permitting, Stadium Drive and Meadow Street will be fully reopened Saturday, June 23.
Road work will continue to affect traffic in two other locations at times:
- Dickson Street and Arkansas Avenue intersection through June 22
- Stadium Drive, between Clinton Drive and Leroy Pond, through April 2019
Intermittent closures of sidewalks are also expected at the following locations:
- West side of Garland in front of Pat Walker Center.
- West side of Arkansas between Dickson and the Carnall Hall parking lot entrance.
Ongoing closures of sidewalks:
- North side of Maple in front of new sororities east of Leverett Avenue.
- East side of Leverett from Maple to entrance of lot 38.
- South side of Maple from Arkansas to Gregg Avenue.
- East side of Arkansas from Reagan to Maple.
- South of Kimpel and WCOB from Harmon to McIlroy.
- East side of Razorback Road next to the Reynolds Razorback Stadium.
- Parts of the east and west sides of Stadium between Meadow and West Clinton.
- West side of Stadium Drive between Maple and the south endzone.
- North and south sides of Maple between Razorback and Administration Building parking.
- West side parking lot 29.
- Steps from Stadium Drive along south side of Sigma Alpha Epsilon chapter house.
- East side of Gladson Ripley.
Steve Voorhies, manager of media relations
Chemistry researchers studied a type of membrane protein that expels drugs from a cell, contributing to drug resistance. A lipid composition on the cell membrane affects the behavior of these proteins.
Violinist Er-Gene Kahng and classical modern pianist Nathan Carterette will perform at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 5, in Gearhart Hall.
Raymond McCaffrey, director of the Center for Ethics in Journalism, plans to use the grant to research Louis Stark, who won a Pulitzer Prize for his reporting on labor during the 1920s.
Aletha Cook and Rachel Glade are serving three-year terms on the Board of Directors of the Arkansas Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
Sarah Mayfield has completed a research project involving a healthier chocolate created with soy oil and is now working on wine made with grapes grown in Arkansas.