Registration Open for Spring Professional and Workforce Development Courses
Workers can upgrade their skills by registering for online training classes this spring through University of Arkansas Professional and Workforce Development. The U of A offers quality non-credit classes that are open to the public, helping workers advance their careers or start new ones.
"The spring schedule offers both instructor-led and self-paced options to help people upgrade their skills or prepare for certification exams," said Erin Dickey, Global Campus program coordinator. "We continue to offer these options online to promote social distancing as the pandemic continues."
The full schedule of courses is available on the Professional and Workforce Development website. Highlighted programs include:
- Free Webinar Series — Online, live-stream sessions, beginning with "Promoting Healthy Sleep Habits" Jan. 28. Register for free, one-hour sessions on various topics, ranging from software basics to personal and professional improvement.
- 2021 SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP / SHRM-SCP — Online, live-stream and recorded sessions. This 15-week program runs 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, beginning Feb. 4. Prepare for SHRM certification exams to help establish yourself as a globally recognized human resource expert. The cost is $1,399.
- APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) Exam Prep Course — Online, live-stream sessions on Tuesday evenings, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Feb. 16 to May 4. Gain premier certification for end-to-end supply chain management. The cost is $1,699.
- Product Management Training — Online, instructor-led, 12 sessions on Thursdays from 8 to 9 a.m., from Feb. 18 to April 22. This practical program helps management acquire skills and competencies to define, develop and launch products, services and features. The cost is $1,299.
- Java Development Certificate — Online, instructor-led, six-month course. Will meet two evenings per week. Application deadline is Feb. 19, and classes start Feb. 26. Learn how to program in the Java language. The cost is $2,999, plus the textbook.
- Mastering Project Management with PMP Prep — Online, self-paced, six-month course. This course will provide you with a deeper understanding of project management concepts and applications in the workplace and prepare you for the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification exam. The cost is $1295.
- ASQ Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (Exam Cost Included) — Online, self-paced, six-month course. This course will teach you Lean Six Sigma process improvement projects from start to finish and prepare you for the ASQ Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification exam. The cost is $1495.
Additional courses are offered in the areas of agriculture, business, computer applications (Excel, Access, Adobe, Tableau, Power BI, etc.), education, engineering, health care, language, music, project management, skilled trades, social work, supply chain, technology, and test prep (ACT, SAT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, Praxis Core, etc.). Class prices start at $115.
U of A Professional and Workforce Development also can offer customized training programs tailored to any organization. Invest in targeted training to upgrade your employees' knowledge, skills, and motivation. The university works with industry experts and U of A faculty and staff to build and customize training to fit any organization's unique needs.
The U of A's interactive programs provide practical skills that can be implemented immediately to address skills gaps and deliver results. The university provides an initial needs assessment meeting at no cost, to help identify needs, craft solutions and assist with grant applications to offset training costs.
Erin Dickey, program coordinator
Global Campus, U of A Professional and Workforce Development
The U of A is working to help vaccinate as many of its eligible employees as quickly as possible, but appointments are required for clinics on campus.
Ninette Sosa, an alumna of the School of Journalism and Strategic Media, directed the first look at former U.S. Rep. Randall "Duke" Cunningham, who was convicted of bribery and tax evasion.
Andrea Allan, Kendall Davis, Hershel Hartford, A.J. Olsen andd Jackie Wills were named employees of the 1st Quarter for 2020-2021.
Need to cite sources for your paper, thesis or dissertation? Register to attend one of the EndNote Web citation manager remote instruction sessions coming up in February.
The Water and Sewer Department of Fayetteville will close part of West Cleveland Street between Razorback Road and Hall Avenue, affecting access to parking lots 40A and 41 and Transit Route 48.