Participants Needed for Research on Faculty With Disabilities
Researchers invite you to participate in this second-wave research study about the experiences of faculty with disabilities in university programs. This study is being conducted by Kelly Dundon and Gonzalo Camp, candidates in the Master of Social Work program under the supervision of Kim Stauss, chair of the School of Social Work.
This study will explore the representation of faculty with disabilities in university programs, the unique strengths they offer and challenges they face. The research is aimed at exploring the barriers to recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining faculty with disabilities and how universities can decrease these barriers.
Their research includes semi-structured, qualitative interviews via phone or video. Interviews are expected to last no more than 30 minutes.
Deans, Directors, Chairs and Heads:
If you are interested in participating in this research and you are a dean, director, chair or faculty head (with or without a disability), please contact Kelly Dundon at email@example.com. If possible, please send this research request to any faculty you think might be interested in participating. Gonzalo Camp will be completing the research on faculty with disabilities.
If you are interested in participating in this research and you are a faculty member with a disability, please contact Gonzalo Camp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agreement to be contacted or a request for more information does not obligate you to participate in any study. If you would like additional information about this study, please contact the researchers.
Thank you again for considering this research opportunity.
- If you have questions or concerns about this research, please contact Kelly Dundon, principal investigator, at email@example.com, Kelly Dundon, Gonzalo Camp, co-investigator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Kim Stauss, faculty supervisor, at email@example.com.
- If you have questions or concerns about your rights as a research participant, please contact Ro Windwalker, the university's Human Subjects Compliance Coordinator, at 479-575-2208 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The purpose of this research is to explore the representation of faculty with disabilities in university programs. The research will aim to gain a better understanding of the barriers to recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining faculty with disabilities and how universities can decrease these barriers.
- Semi-structured, qualitative interviews will be conducted and, should take no more than 30 minutes to complete.
- Your participation in this research is voluntary. If you choose not to participate, your decision will not affect your relationship with the university, the researchers or any other third party.
Gonzalo Camp, graduate assistant
Kelly Dundon, graduate assistant, principal investigator
School of Social Work
School of Law Honors Graduating Award Winners
The U of A School of Law announces the class of 2023 graduation award winners. The awards recognize academic excellence, student elected awards and pro bono service.
Interior Architecture Student Jason Cote Wins Prestigious Gensler Brinkmann Scholarship
For this scholarship, Cote was awarded $5,000 to go toward his education. In addition, he was invited to participate in a two-month fellowship this summer at the Gensler offices in Las Vegas.
U of A Now More Accessible Option for Walmart and Sam's Club Associates
Through the program, Walmart covers 100% of the tuition and books for part-time and full-time Walmart and Sam’s Club associates across the U.S.
Doctoral Student Abass Oduola Selected for SEC Emerging Scholars Program
Abass Oduola, a cell and molecular biology/food science doctoral student in Bumpers College, has received a 2023-24 Emerging Scholars Fellowship from the Southeastern Conference.
Long Established Business Looks to Small Business Development Center for Guidance and Growth
Moving forward and needing help to create clarity about next steps for her yoga center, Andrea Fournet reached out to the Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center at the U of A.