Students Winning Incentives For Vaccination; Next Drawing: Sept. 15
Beating Texas over the weekend was great. Winning four tickets and a parking pass to witness the victory: priceless. Max Brigance, a sophomore in the Fulbright College of Arts & Sciences, won the Razorback football prize package during the second weekly drawing for vaccination incentives offered by the university. He is one of more than 20 students who walked away with prizes last week including $500 scholarships, $100 parking permit credits and other incentives, just for getting a COVID-19 vaccination.
Vaccinated students must enter to win to be eligible for incentives that will be awarded throughout the semester. The next weekly drawing is set for Sept. 15.
Ben Parra won tickets earlier this month for the Razorback game against Rice University.
Mitchell Rowland won a $500 scholarship.
(From weekly drawing held Sept. 8)
- Annabella Hasson
- Mitchell Rowland
- Edgar Barrales
Razorback Football Tickets and Parking Pass (Texas)
- Max Brigance
$100 Chartwells Dining Gift Card
- Kendall Ramos
$100 Parking Permit Credits
- Emma Regier
- Shaun Mercer
- Alexis Pacitti
- Hannah Huber
- Se He Hwang
- Bradly Mathews
- Anna Mays
- William P. Allison
- Quinn Davis
- Isabella Sosbey
- Caroline Vandervoort
- Gabriel Guzman
- Isaac Baltz
- Monica Horton
- Crawford Walker
- Ashley Vandenberk
TheatreSquared Vouchers for two
- Thomas Long
Additional weekly drawings will be held throughout the semester for COVID-19 vaccination incentives. All vaccinated U of A students who enter are eligible. Currently unvaccinated students can become eligible at any point in the semester as soon as they are vaccinated and have entered to win. Students only need to enter once to be eligible for all of the weekly drawings.
Each week, at least 15 prizes, including three $500 scholarships, will be awarded to vaccinated students who have entered to win. New winning names will be drawn randomly each week. So, the sooner students get vaccinated (and entered), the sooner they become eligible for the weekly drawings.
Proof of vaccination (defined as one dose of Johnson & Johnson or second dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) will be required to claim prizes.
WEEKLY DRAWING INCENTIVES FOR ALL VACCINATED STUDENTS
- $500 scholarships (45 opportunities to win)
- $100 parking permit credits (250 opportunities)
- $100 bookstore gift cards (17 opportunities)
- $100 Chartwells dining gift cards (five opportunities)
- Razorback Football tickets and parking pass (six opportunities to win, four tickets each)
- Grand Canyon backpacking Trip (one opportunity)
- Hike in the beautiful Grand Canyon National Park over Thanksgiving Break! Enjoy four nights and five days deep within the walls of America's largest canyon. This trip is suitable for beginners, but participants are expected to carry everything they will need for four days in their backpacks as they hike in and out of the canyon.
- Buffalo River canoe trip for two (one opportunity for two students)
- Spend four days canoeing the Buffalo River! This trip will take you through the Buffalo River Wilderness, one of the most pristine watersheds in our part of the country. Sleep on the banks, paddle the calm waters, cook great meals and see places that not many others get to see!
- Weekend camping rental package for two (one opportunity for two students)
- Includes a two-person tent, two sleeping bags with pads, a two-burner stove and cook set.
- Weekend mountain bike rental (one opportunity)
- Includes a full-suspension mountain bike and helmet.
- Walmart AMP voucher packages for two (5 opportunities for 2 students)
- Walton Arts Center Voucher Packages for two (7 opportunties for 2 students)
- TheatreSquared Vouchers for two (15 opportunities for two students)
- Good for two prime tickets to any 2021 TheatreSquared performance (reserve ahead to guarantee seats).
- Faulkner Performing Arts Center event tickets (one opportunity, four tickets)
- Four tickets to enjoy a performing arts event at this magnificent campus venue this fall or next spring.
Previous winners are not eligible for future prizes.
Special thanks to Razorback Athletics, Walmart AMP, Walton Arts Center, TheatreSquared, Faulkner Performing Arts Center, University Recreation, University Bookstore and Chartwells for providing incentives for students.
While state law prevents mandating it, COVID-19 vaccination is strongly encouraged. Vaccination is our primary means of mitigating the spread of COVID-19.
Let's get RazorVAXED Razorbacks!
In addition to the university's incentive effort, U of A students, faculty and staff are also eligible for the city of Fayetteville's COVID-19 Vaccination Incentive Program. The city is offering one-time $100 payments for individuals living or working in Fayetteville who have or will become fully vaccinated against COVID-19 between Aug. 17 and Oct. 15, 2021. Applications can be made on the city's website at fayetteville-ar.gov/vaccine. The last day to apply is Nov. 1, 2021.
About the University of Arkansas: As Arkansas' flagship institution, the U of A provides an internationally competitive education in more than 200 academic programs. Founded in 1871, the U of A contributes more than $2.2 billion to Arkansas' economy through the teaching of new knowledge and skills, entrepreneurship and job development, discovery through research and creative activity while also providing training for professional disciplines. The Carnegie Foundation classifies the U of A among the top 3% of U.S. colleges and universities with the highest level of research activity. U.S. News & World Report ranks the U of A among the top public universities in the nation. See how the U of A works to build a better world at Arkansas Research News.
John Thomas, manager of university communications
Poet Rachel Mennies, the 2021-22 Walton Visiting Writer in Poetry, will give a virtual reading of her work at 7 p.m., Monday, Oct. 4. Register for the public event.
As part of a student-driven research project that began in fall 2020, a team of biomedical engineering students is asking the public to take the survey for the group's project, HealthcARe for All.
The STEM Employer Resume Reviews from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 28, in the Arkansas Union International Connections Lounge.
University Programs hosts the romantic comedy She's the Man starring Amanda Bynes and Channing Tatum Wednesday, Sept. 29, at 7 p.m. in the University Programs Video Theater.
ASG, the Multicultural Center and Greek Life will host a Glow Run at 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 28, as part of It's On Us Week.