Nominations Sought for Employees of the Third Quarter
Faculty and staff are invited and encouraged to nominate staff employees in recognition of outstanding service to the university for the third quarter: January, February and March. You can download a nomination form from the Staff Senate website or request a nomination form by contacting Travis Hefley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for nomination submissions for Employee of the Third Quarter is April 15.
Each quarter, five outstanding U of A employees (classified or non-classified) are selected as Employee of the Quarter representing one of each of the following categories:
- Category I: Professional/Non-faculty - Administrative
- Category I: Professional/Non-faculty - Academic
- Category II: Secretarial/Clerical
- Category III: Technical/Paraprofessional
- Category IV: Skilled Crafts/Service/Maintenance
Eligibility for nomination:
- All regularly appointed staff are eligible for nomination.
- Nominees must have been employed by the university for at least one year.
- Employees must be nominated by a peer, co-worker or supervisor. Self-nominations are not accepted or recognized.
- Any employee who has been selected as an Employee of the Quarter within the last three years is not eligible.
Employees of the Year are selected from the candidates that have been chosen as Employees of the Quarter throughout the year.
Please visit the Staff Senate Employee of the Quarter Webpage for additional information about the Employee of the Quarter program.
Travis Hefley, EOQ/EOY chair
Assistant professor Mahmoud Moradi’s research could aid an unconventional approach to developing a coronavirus vaccine.
The Graduate-Professional Student Congress has named Samantha Warren as the inaugural honoree for the organization's School of Law Excellence in Leadership Award.
Aurign, a startup at Georgia State University using blockchain technology to securely file music-publishing documents, won the Heartland Challenge on Friday, May 29.
A new short play called 2084 by John Walch, assistant professor of theatre, will be performed at 1 p.m. CST Saturday, June 6, as part of the free Alone, Together festival.
Valerie Hunt, Shelly Gahagans and Karl Anderson were awarded this year's Collis R. Geren Awards for Excellence in Graduate Education in their roles as faculty and staff.