Student Email to Move from Gmail to Outlook
Starting Dec. 23, student email will be migrated from Gmail to Office 365 Outlook. This migration will automatically move all messages, folders, calendar appointments, contacts and attachments from Gmail to Outlook.
When mailboxes and calendars are being migrated, old messages will be available in Gmail while new messages are sent to Outlook. At the end of the migration, all messages and calendar items will be available in Outlook. Most accounts will take 1-3 days to finish migrating, but larger accounts could take up to 30 days.
What you need to know:
- Email addresses (e.g., email@example.com) will remain the same.
- Google Suite tools other than Gmail will continue to be available.
- After the migration, students will need to set up forwards and inbox rules in Outlook that were previously set up in Gmail.
- Outlook can be used on the web, computers and mobile devices. Training and tips are available from LinkedIn Learning free of charge using a UARK account.
- Students, faculty and staff will be on one unified email and calendar platform to streamline communications and collaboration.
- Students will have access to the campuswide University of Arkansas contact directory.
- File sharing and real-time collaboration will be simplified among faculty, advisors and supervisors for student employees on campus.
- Student email and calendaring will be better integrated with Office 365, available for free to install on up to five devices, including iOS and Android.
Major gift will expand U of A research mission through collaborative clusters, driving commercialization and entrepreneurship education.
Faculty and students will collaborate with a university in India to develop innovations for medical devices and protective equipment.
Anne O'Leary-Kelly, senior associate dean and professor of management at the Sam M. Walton College of Business, has been named chair of the Walton Arts Center Council.
The Virtual On-Campus Jobs Fair for students seeking on-campus positions will be from 1-4 p.m. Aug. 26. Deadline for departments and offices to participate in the fair is Aug. 19.
Faculty, staff, students and alumni are encouraged to submit videos for an online open house to welcome students back to campus. Submit by Monday, July 20.