Schedule Now Available for Study Breaks in Mullins Library
With only a few weeks left until the end of the semester, finals prep is underway, which often means panic attacks, stress, tons of caffeine, more stress and sleep deprivation. However, it is important to practice good study habits, and take care of your body through eating healthy and getting rest. University Libraries are here to help alleviate the stress and anxiety of studying for finals with Study Breaks.
Beginning on Dec. 4, Mullins Library, along with our partners across campus, will provide free treats and a reason to take a study break for all U of A students. First come, first served! Here is a sneak peek at the schedule to help you plan in advance.
Fall 2017 Study Break Schedule at Mullins Library
Monday, Dec. 4
- CLASS+ — 3 p.m., Snacks and Study Tips
Tuesday, Dec. 5
- Office of Student Affairs — 9:30 a.m., Fruit, Nuts and Coffee
- Order of Omega — 7 p.m., Candy Pass Out
Wednesday, Dec. 6
- Fulbright College of Arts & Sciences — 8:30 a.m., Coffee and Breakfast Snacks
- New Student & Family Programs — 7 p.m., Trail Mix Bar
Thursday, Dec. 7
- Office of Academic Initiatives and Integrity — 9:30 a.m., Coffee, Cider, Bagels, and Yogurt
- Housing — 2 p.m., Coffee and Cookies
Sunday, Dec. 10
- ASG — 10 p.m., Coffee and Cookies
Monday, Dec. 11
- University Libraries — 9:30 a.m., Coffee and Bagel Breakfast
- Honors College — 1 p.m., Cocoa and Cookies
Tuesday, Dec. 12
- Global Campus — 9:30 a.m. Coffee and Muffins
The University Libraries will offer extended hours during finals week. Be sure to check each day's hours, as they will differ.
Don't forget! There is no need to waste precious study time searching for a spot. The University Libraries have student-faculty collaboration rooms, group study rooms and individual study carrels — all of which can be reserved online.
Need help with that end-of-term paper? You can schedule a research consultation by emailing your subject librarian or email@example.com. Be sure to check out our FAQ page for answers to popular questions. Our 24/7 live chat is also available to help you get the answers you need quickly.
Good luck from University Libraries. You can do this!
Conference to bring together beginners and experts from industry and academia to discuss basics, value propositions, technology options.
Students, professors and staff from the U of A's Bumpers College recently participated in a STEM event on campus for high school students in February.
The UAConnect team is completing a move to the new university single sign-on system and an upgrade to the infrastructure that supports UAConnect.
The Hydration Science Laboratory is conducting a parent and child nutrition study with parents ages 20-50 and children ages 3-13 with compensation of $100.
Graduate programs in three colleges rose in the latest edition of the U.S. News & World Report rankings.