Transit and Parking Announcements for the New Semester
You may wish to note the following Transit and Parking-related items as we start the spring 2022 semester:
- If you purchased a new vehicle or if you are driving a different vehicle to campus, it is important to register it to both your account and to your virtual parking permit. To do this, go to the Account Portal.
- As home basketball games continue, please be mindful of when the basketball athletic parking areas are needed. To get notifications on your outlook calendar, go to the calendar app within Outlook; right click on "My Calendars" heading; select "Add Calendar" then "open shared calendar;" then enter the name "PARK: Athletic Events" and then click OK.
- Upcoming home basketball games that affect parking are set for Jan. 18, 22, 23, 27, and 29. A complete schedule is at arkansasrazorbacks.com.
- Razorback Transit began providing full service again on Tuesday, Jan. 18, and will continue to do so throughout the semester. Download an operations schedule. Razorback Transit does not run on Sundays.
- Please note that an ongoing construction project in Arkansas Union will mean that you can't enter the building from the south side (from Union Station) except on certain levels. Currently, you may not enter Arkansas Union from the top level of Union Station.
- Newcomers to the university who are bringing a vehicle to campus will need to secure a virtual parking permit that will work with our license plate recognition (LPR) system. For more information, click here.
- Because the vehicle license plate is the identifying marker with the LPR system, all motorists must park so that the license plate faces the drive lane. For details and other LPR information, click here.
- Transit and Parking reminds everyone that the speed limit in parking garages and in parking lots is 10 miles per hour. This speed limit is established as a matter of safety.
- During the weeks in between the semesters, most current parking permit holders were allowed to park in resident reserved parking, but this was only permissible through Friday, Jan. 14. Since that time, resident reserved parking reverted back to being exclusively for students who have the appropriate resident reserved virtual parking permit.
- Transit and Parking continues to take applications for both parking patrol and for bus drivers. To apply go to jobs.uark.edu and click on "career site" to go to the job listings. Click on "Fayetteville" and then indicate the area you prefer in the search bar. Type in "Transit" if you are interested in becoming a driver, or type in "Parking" if you wish to see openings for parking enforcement.
Hernandez, a Nashville, Arkansas, native and accounting major, is a first-generation student who has found her footing at the U of A after earning her associate's degree at Cossatot Community College.
Three candidates for the position of director of the School of Art in the Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences - Jason Guynes, Adam Herring and Rachel Debuque - will hold open forums on March 4, 7 and 11, respectively.
GPT-4 scored higher than human participants in three tests designed to measure divergent thinking, an indicator of creative potential.
Adams' lecture will highlight findings from his research at the U of A and is titled "Biophysical and Biochemical Approaches to Characterize Novel Molecular Details That Influence Ras-Related Protein Cell Signaling Function."
At the 2024 Innovation Rally, individuals, teams and organizations will step beyond conventional boundaries and approaches and embrace a collaborative approach to problem-solving.