Health Center Resumes Limited In-Person Elective Appointments; Summer Health Fee Reduced
With the University of Arkansas preparing to transition back to on-campus operations, Pat Walker Health Center will resume limited in-person elective appointments for all students, faculty and staff.
Hours of Operation: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to noon Fridays. The health center will be closed Monday, May 25, for Memorial Day.
Stay Safe at Home — Request a TeleVisit:
Pat Walker Health Center encourages patients to access telehealth services to help support social distancing measures and limit possible exposure to COVID-19.
- Primary Care: 479-575-4451, option 1
- Women's Clinic: 479-575-4451, option 2
- Allergy, Immunization and Travel Clinic: 479-575-4451, option 5.
- Counseling & Psychological Services: 479-575-5276
- Wellness Coaching: Email: email@example.com or sign up online.
Summer Health Fee Reduced
The UA System Board of Trustees have elected to reduce some fees with summer classes being held remotely. As such, the health fee has been reduced by 35 percent from $7.25 to $4.71/per credit hour.
For current students who are not enrolled in summer classes — or have recently graduated — the flat-rate summer health fee has also been reduced should they choose to access health center services:
- May 11 - June 30: $40 health fee
- July 1 - July 31: $30 health fee
- The summer health fee is a one-time fee assessed based on when the patient/client first accesses health center services. *This summer health fee is in addition to other fees incurred for services.
Facility Safety Measures
To prevent the spread of illness, the health center continues to take additional safety measures as more in-person elective procedures are being offered.
"While we still strongly encourage patients to access our telehealth services, we recognize the importance of in-person care to our patient's overall preventive health," said A.J. Olsen, Director of Medical Services. "We will continue to take aggressive safety measures such as separating well and sick patients, limiting the number of patients in our clinics at one time, and thoroughly disinfecting exam rooms after each patient.
Other safety measures include: deep cleaning and disinfecting common areas frequently throughout the day; building access restricted to the West entrance (parking lot) only; external temperature checks also required before entering facility.
In-Person Appointment Guidelines
- All appointments must be scheduled by phone. No walk-in appointments allowed.
- Patients must come to appointment by themselves, unless assistance is required.
- The health center requires all patients to wear a mask to their appointment. PWHC staff will also be wearing masks. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you.
Faculty/Staff: Save on Health Care Costs
One of the best things about using PWHC physicians, clinics and services is automatically receiving SmartCare benefits. Employees enrolled on the UA health plan can save on their annual deductible, copays and more.
Faculty and staff can schedule their annual physicals by calling 479-575-4451, option 1.
For more information about health center programs and services, visit health.uark.edu. To schedule an appointment, call 479-575-4451
Zac Garrett Brown, assistant director of communications
Pat Walker Health Center
Major gift will expand U of A research mission through collaborative clusters, driving commercialization and entrepreneurship education.
Faculty and students will collaborate with a university in India to develop innovations for medical devices and protective equipment.
Anne O'Leary-Kelly, senior associate dean and professor of management at the Sam M. Walton College of Business, has been named chair of the Walton Arts Center Council.
The Virtual On-Campus Jobs Fair for students seeking on-campus positions will be from 1-4 p.m. Aug. 26. Deadline for departments and offices to participate in the fair is Aug. 19.
Faculty, staff, students and alumni are encouraged to submit videos for an online open house to welcome students back to campus. Submit by Monday, July 20.