Today Is Last Day to Nominate Someone for Employee of the Quarter
Faculty and staff are invited and encouraged to nominate staff employees in recognition of outstanding service to the university for the first quarter: July, August and September. You can download a nomination form here or request a nomination form by contacting Travis Hefley at email@example.com. The deadline for nomination submissions for Employee of the 1st Quarter is Oct. 15. Each quarter, five outstanding University of Arkansas employees (classified or non-classified) are selected as Employee of the Quarter representing one of each of the following five categories:
- Category I: Professional/Non-faculty - Administrative
- Category I: Professional/Non-faculty - Academic
- Category II: Secretarial/Clerical
- Category III: Technical/Paraprofessional
- Category IV: Skilled Crafts/Service/Maintenance
Eligibility for nomination:
- All regularly appointed staff are eligible for nomination.
- Nominees must have been employed by the university for at least one year.
- Employees must be nominated by a peer, co-worker, or supervisor. Self-nominations are not accepted or recognized.
- Any employee who has been selected as an Employee of the Quarter within the last three years is not eligible.
Employees of the Year are selected from the candidates that have been chosen as Employees of the Quarter throughout the year.
Please visit the Staff Senate webpage for additional information about the Employee of the Quarter program.
Travis Hefley, EOQ/EOY chair
Celina Suarez and Glenn Sharman of the Department of Geosciences recently received a five-year, $588,000 NSF grant to research the transition period from the Early to Late Cretaceous.
U of A graduate student and saxophonist Landon Cole has been selected to advance to the regional round of the Music Teachers' National Association's Young Artist Solo Competition.
Beginning at 6 p.m. — when Mullins Library would typically close — the campus community is invited to come make some noise in the usually-quiet spaces on Levels 3 and 4 before they close for renovation.
Takama Statton-Brooks, director of residence education for U of A Housing, recently served as a mentor for the Southwestern Association of College and University Housing Offices.
All UREC facilities, including the HPER building, the UREC Fitness Center, and the UREC Sports Complex will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 28, and reduced hours will be set on other days.