Last Chance! Nominate Staff for Employee of the 4th Quarter
Faculty and staff are invited and encouraged to nominate staff employees in recognition of outstanding service to the university for the fourth quarter: April, May and June. You can download a nomination form here or request a nomination form by contacting Autumn Parker at email@example.com. The deadline for nomination submissions for Employee of the 4th Quarter is today, Monday, July 15. Each quarter, five outstanding University of Arkansas employees (classified or non-classified) are selected as Employee of the Quarter representing one of each of the following five categories:
- Category I: Professional/Non-faculty - Administrative
- Category I: Professional/Non-faculty - Academic
- Category II: Secretarial/Clerical
- Category III: Technical/Paraprofessional
- Category IV: Skilled Crafts/Service/Maintenance
Eligibility for nomination:
- All regularly appointed staff are eligible for nomination.
- Nominees must have been employed by the university for at least one year.
- Employees must be nominated by a peer, co-worker, or supervisor. Self-nominations are not accepted or recognized.
- Any employee who has been selected as an Employee of the Quarter within the last three years is not eligible.
Employees of the Year are selected from the candidates that have been chosen as Employees of the Quarter throughout the year.
Please visit the Staff Senate webpage for additional information about the Employee of the Quarter program.
Autumn Parker, EOQ/EOY chair
The exhibition "The House and the City: Two Collages" will be on display through Oct. 20 in the Fred and Mary Smith Exhibition Gallery in Vol Walker Hall. A reception will be held at 5 p.m. Sept. 19.
Alex Booth, Terry Garrity, JoAnn Kvamme, Leonard Ridley and David Stowers were named the Employees of the 3rd Quarter for the 2019-20 academic year.
HillFest, an information fair for students to meet campus departments and registered student organizations, is happening today on the Arkansas Union Mall from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The University Career Development Center, in collaboration with Walmart, will host Career Fest from noon to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 4, in the Verizon Ballroom of the Arkansas Union.
Jack Freeland and Davis Campbell will talk about their research experiences at 4 p.m. Friday, Aug. 30, in Physics Building Room 133.