Walmart on Campus Reopens With New Features for Students
The Walmart on Campus now offers pickup lockers, self-checkout and delivery to residence halls on campus.
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The Walmart on Campus store has reopened following the completion of a store remodel, offering a new look, new merchandise and new conveniences in the university's Garland Center. The changes should speed up the check-out process, and students can now have their Walmart Grocery order delivered right to their residence hall or campus housing.
The following store improvements in the 3,371-square-foot Walmart on Campus store should aid students:
- Broader assortment now includes fresh sandwiches, salads, yogurt parfait and snacks to eat on the go.
- Time-saving self-checkout.
- Walmart Pickup Lockers allowing students to pick up their online orders inside the store.
- Mobile Express Pharmacy.
- Store hours now 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday to Friday; Saturday 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.; and Sunday 1-10 p.m.
"I am excited to reopen a new and improved Walmart on Campus at the University of Arkansas," said store manager Randy Sterling. "Our fresh selection has expanded to now provide salads, sandwiches, lunch meat and more. We are reopening with a new self-checkout feature and an exciting new Walmart Pickup locker system that will reduce the in-store wait time for students who have placed orders online and are coming to pick up those items. Our store will continue to provide full pharmacy services with free on campus prescription delivery and the best customer service."
Walmart is also making grocery shopping easier for students on the U of A campus. The retailer is expanding its Online Grocery Delivery service to bring delivery to the doorsteps of students in residence halls and campus housing.
Walmart Grocery Delivery
How it works:
- Order and Choose a Delivery Time: Customers visit walmart.com/grocery or through the Walmart Grocery mobile app, enter their zip codes and begin creating their shopping lists. During checkout, they select a time to for their order to be delivered and pay the delivery fee. No money is exchanged at the customer's door.
- Personal Grocery Shoppers Fill the Basket: Highly trained personal shoppers carefully select the freshest produce, meats and other items each customer requested. All Walmart grocery orders are backed by our freshness guarantee.
- Delivery: Delivery partners will be requested by a Walmart grocery associate when the order is ready to be delivered, who will then drive directly to the customer's location during the 1-hour delivery window they chose.
- Offer: Customers can get their first order delivered for free with promo code FRESHCAR with a $50 minimum order.
Visit facebook.com/Walmart2997 for more information about the U of A Walmart On Campus.
Charlie Alison, executive editor
A gift of more than $92,000 from the estate of Ellen Compton will enhance the holdings of Special Collections, with an emphasis on architectural records.
The Women's Giving Circle and Arkansas Alumni Association have teamed up to offer a celebration featuring four panelists who will share their unique experiences.
Employees who haven't already done so, are asked to check email and complete survey sent by Chancellor Joe Steinmetz as soon as possible.
Grace Clark, Daniella Duran, Amber Knoernschild, Nicholas Pohlman and Emily Spatz have been awarded between $875 and $1,000 each for their individual research projects.
The U of A Museum installed a long-term exhibition within Gearhart Hall with four display cases that feature a wide variety of specimens donated by the Department of Geosciences. Stop by during free time.