Deadline Approaching for Employee of the 2nd Quarter Nominations
The deadline to nominate a staff member for Employee of the 2nd Quarter is Tuesday, Jan.15.
Faculty and staff are invited and encouraged to nominate staff employees in recognition of outstanding service to the University for the second quarter; October, November, and December. You can download a nomination form here or request a nomination form by contacting Autumn Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org. Each quarter, five outstanding University of Arkansas employees (classified or non-classified) are selected as Employee of the Quarter representing one of each of the following five categories:
- Category I: Professional/Non-faculty - Administrative
- Category I: Professional/Non-faculty - Academic
- Category II: Secretarial/Clerical
- Category III: Technical/Paraprofessional
- Category IV: Skilled Crafts/Service/Maintenance
Eligibility for nomination:
- All regularly appointed staff are eligible for nomination.
- Nominees must have been employed by the university for at least one year.
- Employees must be nominated by a peer, co-worker, or supervisor. Self-nominations are not accepted or recognized.
- Any employee who has been selected as an Employee of the Quarter within the last three years is not eligible.
Employees of the Year are selected from the candidates that have been chosen as Employees of the Quarter throughout the year.
Please visit the Staff Senate webpage for additional information about the Employee of the Quarter program.
Autumn E Parker, EOQ/EOY committee chair
Recent graduates Haley Webb and Timothy Steen were honored with top awards by the Arkansas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics at its annual state meeting in Little Rock.
Josh Raney, director of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute in the College of Education and Health Professions, recently completed the XXXII Leadership Fayetteville class.
Veteran journalist and political observer Ernie Dumas will talk about his memoir at 6 p.m. Wednesday, July 10, at the Pryor Center on the east side of the Fayetteville Square.
The next performance for "Live at the Five & Dime" on the Bentonville Square will showcase 510 Blues Train from 6-8 p.m. today, June 26.
History doctoral candidate Elizabeth Kiszonas has been named a Fellow by the United States Capitol Historical Society.