Nominate a Staff Member for Employee of the 2nd Quarter
Faculty and staff are invited and encouraged to nominate staff employees in recognition of outstanding service to the University for the second quarter; October, November, and December. You can download a nomination form here or request a nomination form by contacting Autumn Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for nomination submissions for Employee of the 2nd Quarter is Tuesday, January 15, 2019. Each quarter, five outstanding University of Arkansas employees (classified or non-classified) are selected as Employee of the Quarter representing one of each of the following five categories:
- Category I: Professional/Non-faculty - Administrative
- Category I: Professional/Non-faculty - Academic
- Category II: Secretarial/Clerical
- Category III: Technical/Paraprofessional
- Category IV: Skilled Crafts/Service/Maintenance
Eligibility for nomination:
- All regularly appointed staff are eligible for nomination.
- Nominees must have been employed by the university for at least one year.
- Employees must be nominated by a peer, co-worker, or supervisor. Self-nominations are not accepted or recognized.
- Any employee who has been selected as an Employee of the Quarter within the last three years is not eligible.
Employees of the Year are selected from the candidates that have been chosen as Employees of the Quarter throughout the year.
Please visit the Staff Senate webpage for additional information about the Employee of the Quarter program.
Autumn E Parker, EOQ/EOY Committee Chair
University Recreation and the Center for Multicultural and Diversity Education took 41 students to visit the National Civil Rights Museum in Memphis on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Assistant professor Kelly Sullivan has been selected as the 2019-2020 recipient of the John L. Imhoff Chair in Industrial Engineering.
University Programs hosts BlacKkKlansman (rated R) at 7 p.m Tuesday, Jan. 29, in the University Programs Video Theater on the fourth floor of the Arkansas Union.
Beginning Sunday, Jan. 27, it will cost 5 cents more to mail a letter. Most other product prices for shipping will increase but will vary by product.
UA Bus Charters will continue to coordinate logistical concerns on campus with visitors arriving by bus, and it will also contract with various groups to provide needed transportation.