University Recreation to Operate Under Winter Break Hours
University Recreation will operate under reduced winter break hours Friday, Dec. 14, through Thursday, Jan. 10.
The HPER Building hours are listed below and include all gymnasiums, the jogging track, racquetball courts, service center and the Donna Axum Fitness Center.
To view operating hours for the HPER pool, UREC Outdoors, the UREC Fitness Center (Arkansas Union), and the UREC Sports Complex, please visit the facility hours page on the UREC website.
- Friday, Dec. 14 — 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 15 — 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 16 — 1-9 p.m.
- Monday to Thursday, Dec. 17-20 — 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 21 — 5:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 22 — 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 23 — 1-5 p.m.
- Monday to Wednesday, Dec. 24-26 — Closed
- Thursday to Saturday, Dec. 27-29 — 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 30 — 1-5 p.m.
- Monday and Tuesday, Dec. 31 and Jan. 1 — Closed
- Wednesday to Friday, Jan. 2-4 — 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 5 — 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 6 — 1-9 p.m.
- Monday to Thursday, Jan. 7-10 — 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Kelsey Harelson, coordinator
An internal search committee has been formed to help select a replacement for Don Judges, vice provost for distance education.
Crop science majors Neal Benson, Bairek Bush, Charlie Farr and Matthew Woolard have earned scholarships from the Arkansas Agricultural Consultants Association.
The U.S. Air Force ROTC held a commissioning ceremony for its newest lieutenants: Evan Johnson, Logan Romero, Brisa Bartczak, and Jonathan Waller.
Elementary Arabic 1 (ARAB1003) will be offered during the first summer session, Monday-Friday from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
For participation, participants will receive free baby food (broccoli or carrots) for the Intervention week. Additionally, participants will receive $100 at the end of the study.