University Recreation to Operate Under Winter Break Hours
University Recreation will operate under reduced winter break hours Friday, Dec. 14, through Thursday, Jan. 10.
The HPER Building hours are listed below and include all gymnasiums, the jogging track, racquetball courts, service center and the Donna Axum Fitness Center.
To view operating hours for the HPER pool, UREC Outdoors, the UREC Fitness Center (Arkansas Union), and the UREC Sports Complex, please visit the facility hours page on the UREC website.
- Friday, Dec. 14 — 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 15 — 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 16 — 1-9 p.m.
- Monday to Thursday, Dec. 17-20 — 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 21 — 5:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 22 — 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 23 — 1-5 p.m.
- Monday to Wednesday, Dec. 24-26 — Closed
- Thursday to Saturday, Dec. 27-29 — 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 30 — 1-5 p.m.
- Monday and Tuesday, Dec. 31 and Jan. 1 — Closed
- Wednesday to Friday, Jan. 2-4 — 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 5 — 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 6 — 1-9 p.m.
- Monday to Thursday, Jan. 7-10 — 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Kelsey Harelson, coordinator
Faculty members Zora Murff and Loring Taoka and graduate students Ashley Gardner and Ziba Rajabi received grants from Artists 360, a program that supports the regional arts community.
Abughattas, a Kundiman Fellow who lives in Los Angeles, earns a $1,000 prize for her poetry collection.
In Honors College Retro Readings courses, students from all colleges tackle classic texts from a contemporary, multidisciplinary point of view.
The U of A Museum will host Caitlin Ahrens, a doctoral student who will talk about meteorites in Arkansas and around the world at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 24, at the Archeological Survey Building.
A panel of business people will discuss diversity and inclusion in the workplace from 4-5 p.m. Wednesday in the auditorium of the Reynolds Center for Enterprise Development.