University Recreation to Operate Under Winter Break Hours
University Recreation will operate under reduced winter break hours Friday, Dec. 14, through Thursday, Jan. 10.
The HPER Building hours are listed below and include all gymnasiums, the jogging track, racquetball courts, service center and the Donna Axum Fitness Center.
To view operating hours for the HPER pool, UREC Outdoors, the UREC Fitness Center (Arkansas Union), and the UREC Sports Complex, please visit the facility hours page on the UREC website.
- Friday, Dec. 14 — 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 15 — 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 16 — 1-9 p.m.
- Monday to Thursday, Dec. 17-20 — 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 21 — 5:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 22 — 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 23 — 1-5 p.m.
- Monday to Wednesday, Dec. 24-26 — Closed
- Thursday to Saturday, Dec. 27-29 — 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 30 — 1-5 p.m.
- Monday and Tuesday, Dec. 31 and Jan. 1 — Closed
- Wednesday to Friday, Jan. 2-4 — 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 5 — 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 6 — 1-9 p.m.
- Monday to Thursday, Jan. 7-10 — 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Kelsey Harelson, coordinator
Patterson Hillaire, Kylie Hackworth, Katie Dobbins and Shaylee Wallace, all agricultural and extension education master's degree students, were recognized for teaching and poster presentations.
U of A student Crystal Baker is among previous grant recipients who are working as nurses in underserved areas of Arkansas.
University of Arkansas doctoral student Cesar Ruiz and professors Haitao Liao and Ed Pohl, along with Fuqiang Sun of Beihang University, received a "Best Paper" award for their paper.
Connect with the Returned Peace Corps Volunteer coordinator at the University of Arkansas for opportunities to participate in social events, mentor students or more.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion at the Sam M. Walton College of Business hosted four residential summer camps in June to introduce high school students to university life.