U of A Seniors of Significance Chosen by Arkansas Alumni Association
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — The Arkansas Alumni Association honored its fourth class of Seniors of Significance during a reception at the Janelle Y. Hembree Alumni House on Dec. 1. A total of 71 graduating seniors, commemorating the university's founding date of 1871, were recognized. During the reception, the Seniors of Significance received a special gold honor cord to wear during graduation.
The 71 students were selected from more than 600 nominations and represent each University of Arkansas undergraduate academic college. These Seniors of Significance were selected based on their academic achievements, leadership skills and extracurricular campus and/or community activities.
Seniors of Significance are now eligible to update their applications to be considered for the Senior Honor Citation program, now in its 53rd year, and the recently re-established Razorback Classics program.
CLASS OF 2018 SENIORS OF SIGNIFICANCE
College of Education and Health Professions
- Brendan Cook – Springdale
- Grace Davis – Memphis, Tennessee
- Sarah Caroline Halford* – Little Rock
- Anne Schexnayder* – Little Rock
- Erin Smith – Harrisburg
- Kate Tarver* – Germantown, Tennessee
College of Engineering
- Phillip Braden – Collierville, Tennessee
- Ali Ezell* – Springdale
- Paolo Garcia* – Fort Smith
- Casey Gibson** – Jonesboro
- Kendrick Hardaway* – Poteau, Oklahoma
- Iliana Hernandez – Siloam Springs
- Rachel Holmer* – Rogers
- Kylie McClanahan** – Maumelle
- Grace McGee* – Richardson, Texas
- Zachary Roth* – Bentonville
- Stephanie Sandoval* – Springdale
- Danielle Zapata – Arlington, Texas
- Maria Alejandra Zeballos Castro* – La Paz, Bolivia
Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural Food and Life Sciences
- Barbara "Beau" Broyles* – Fayetteville
- Tristen Clanton – Hermitage
- Martha "Grace" Costello* – Elkins
- Sarah-Beth DeLay* – San Antonio, Texas
- Sam Harris* – Greenbrier
- Danica Ridgeway – Jefferson City, Missouri
- Sarah Yanniello* – McKinney, Texas
Fay Jones School of Architecture and Design
- Callie Fleetwood* – Claremore, Oklahoma
J. William Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences
- Ryann Alonso* – Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Garrett Bethel* – Little Rock
- Erica Brewer* – Lonoke
- Cortlyn Dees – Canyon, Texas
- Breyanna Dulaney – Little Rock
- Caroline Gregory* – Dallas, Texas
- Daley Harvey – Des Arc
- Jessica Kloss* – Beebe
- Madison Kolb* – Little Rock
- Stephen Komar* – Kansas City, Missouri
- Karli Lipinski* – Benton
- Pooja Lukhi* – Conway
- Khyesha McCall – Fayetteville
- Naseer Naseem* – Fayetteville
- Hanah Neece – Argyle, Texas
- Gray Orman* – Bryant
- Roy Phillips Jr.* – Little Rock
- Jodi Simeon* – Commonwealth of Dominica
- Jacey Sites* – Beebe
- Ashlyn Smith – Harrisburg
- Chelsea Tatlow – Columbia, Missouri
- Olivia Tzeng* – Conway
- Rachel Ungar* – Fayetteville
- Kyle Ward* – Fayetteville
- Madison Woods – Camden
Sam M. Walton College of Business
- Macarena Arce* – Lima, Peru
- Kendell Black* – Germantown, Tennessee
- Elynnor Burress* – Stilwell, Kansas
- Jack Casey* – Overland Park, Kansas
- Natalie Counce* – Fayetteville
- Jessica Garross – Flower Mound, Texas
- Adam Jones* – Fayetteville
- Grace Lillis – Overland Park, Kansas
- Tristan Locke* – Stilwell, KS
- Jessica Loechler* – Kansas City, Missouri
- Landri McGregor* – Golden, Colorado
- Ryan Panyard* – Little Rock
- Elise Patterson – Austin, Texas
- Trent “Jack” Scaccia* – Clarksville
- Scott Sims* – McGehee
- Raygan Sylvester – North Little Rock
- McKenzie Wages* – Springfield, Missouri
- William Watkins* – Arlington, Texas
- Thea Winston* – Forrest City
*Indicates the student is a member of the Honors College.
**Indicates the student is pursuing degrees within two Colleges.
About the University of Arkansas: The University of Arkansas provides an internationally competitive education for undergraduate and graduate students in more than 200 academic programs. The university contributes new knowledge, economic development, basic and applied research, and creative activity while also providing service to academic and professional disciplines. The Carnegie Foundation classifies the University of Arkansas among only 2 percent of universities in America that have the highest level of research activity. U.S. News & World Report ranks the University of Arkansas among its top American public research universities. Founded in 1871, the University of Arkansas comprises 10 colleges and schools and maintains a low student-to-faculty ratio that promotes personal attention and close mentoring.
U of A students take part in research that shows half of U.S. abuse deaths are not being reported.
Adedoyin Abe and Mahyar Afshar-Mohajer earned awards for their poster presentations at the Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers Conference in Nashville in late May.
Area students will attend workshops on about science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics, get a taste of college experience..
The MicroCT Imaging Consortium for Research and Outreach Lab, or MICRO, has allowed faculty, staff and students to scan a wide a variety of objects for visualization.
David Owens, operations coordinator at the University of Arkansas Community Music School, has earned the Certified Program Planner credential.