Staff Senate Scholarship Remains Open Until June 2
For the second year in a row the Staff Senate is excited to announce that we have received matching funds from Chancellor Joseph E. Steinmetz in support of Staff Scholarships, which once again doubles our ability to award scholarships to more staff!
Staff Senate Scholarship for 2017-2018 remains open through June 2. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher to receive the award;
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 in the fall semester in order to continue the scholarship for the spring semester;
- Be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours of coursework per semester;
- Express a desire to contribute to the University through further educational endeavors;
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance in the pursuit of further education;
- Provide two references by submitting two Recommendation Forms; and
- Finalists may be interviewed by the members of the Scholarship Committee.
For more information about the application criteria please visit the Staff Senate website.
Click here for the official scholoarship application.
Blake Chapman, scholarship chair
Charlie Alison, executive editor
John Tyson, chairman of Tyson Foods, announced a new gift during dedication ceremonies for the new Don Tyson Center for Agricultural Sciences.
University of Arkansas faculty and staff members and graduate students took part recently in the American Association for Adult and Continuing Education annual conference in Memphis.
Wesley Haynie and Hyun-Gyu "Sean" Suh, doctoral students in exercise science, will give research presentations from 3 to 4 p.m. Friday, Nov. 17, in HPER 311.
On Saturday morning, MyDocs, Gizmo, SharePoint and other systems relying on the SQL server will be briefly interrupted during routine Windows Server maintenance.
The Department of Food Science is recruiting families, defined as at least one parent/guardian, with at least one child between the ages of 6-12 years to participate in a nutrition study.