Staff Senate Scholarship Remains Open Until June 2
For the second year in a row the Staff Senate is excited to announce that we have received matching funds from Chancellor Joseph E. Steinmetz in support of Staff Scholarships, which once again doubles our ability to award scholarships to more staff!
Staff Senate Scholarship for 2017-2018 remains open through June 2. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher to receive the award;
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 in the fall semester in order to continue the scholarship for the spring semester;
- Be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours of coursework per semester;
- Express a desire to contribute to the University through further educational endeavors;
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance in the pursuit of further education;
- Provide two references by submitting two Recommendation Forms; and
- Finalists may be interviewed by the members of the Scholarship Committee.
For more information about the application criteria please visit the Staff Senate website.
Click here for the official scholoarship application.
Blake Chapman, scholarship chair
Charlie Alison, executive editor
Editor-selected comments will be published below. No abusive material, personal attacks, profanity, spam or material of a similar nature will be considered for publication.comments powered by Disqus
Artist Wanbli Gamache is making a name for himself in the growing world of time-based art. He has showcased his work in new media art festivals in Athens to Ecuador, as well as in Miami, Chicago, South Carolina and Little Rock.
A $250,000 gift from Greenway Equipment, Inc. will be used to fund two scholarships and an excellence fund at the University of Arkansas.
The winner of the Department of Theatre's 2017 Kernodle New Play Award is Barbara Hammond for her play Visible From Four States.
Academic and industry experts will be among the speakers discussing the challenges and opportunities involved in managing the health and well-being of cattle, poultry and hogs.
Recent University of Arkansas graduates are invited to join the Young Alumni Program within the Razorback Foundation for a reduced rate on football and men's basketball tickets.