Staff Senate Scholarship Remains Open Until June 2
For the second year in a row the Staff Senate is excited to announce that we have received matching funds from Chancellor Joseph E. Steinmetz in support of Staff Scholarships, which once again doubles our ability to award scholarships to more staff!
Staff Senate Scholarship for 2017-2018 remains open through June 2. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher to receive the award;
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 in the fall semester in order to continue the scholarship for the spring semester;
- Be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours of coursework per semester;
- Express a desire to contribute to the University through further educational endeavors;
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance in the pursuit of further education;
- Provide two references by submitting two Recommendation Forms; and
- Finalists may be interviewed by the members of the Scholarship Committee.
For more information about the application criteria please visit the Staff Senate website.
Click here for the official scholoarship application.
Chancellor Joe Steinmetz and Big Red wish the U of A community a relaxing and safe spring break and look forward to everyone returning to campus April 26 to finish out the year.
Characteristics that predict higher levels of giving include age, sex, political affiliation, trust and social connectedness.
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences students in the physical therapy program visited the the Eleanor Mann School of Nursing to run through practice scenarios in simulation labs.
The Teacher Education Career Fair, for all students seeking employment opportunities within the education industry, will be from 3:30-6:30 p.m. April 3, in the Arkansas Union Ballroom.
The nine-week program will train participants in crucial office, computer and clerical skills. Scholarships are available to those eligible.