Walton's Career Center Preps Students for Career Readiness
Each year Walton College's Career Development Center hosts a Corporate Comes to Campus event the first week of fall semester to introduce students to potential employers.
The George W. Edwards Jr. Career Development Center at the Sam M. Walton College of Business will host a variety of events this fall to help prep students for career readiness through engagement with industry professionals, professional development skill enhancement and internship/job search strategy.
In addition to traditional career fairs and professional development sessions, this semester's events will include Corporate Spotlight programs, as well as our new Company of the Day program. A summary of events is included below.
- Career Closet Overstock: Aug. 30 from 1-4 p.m.
- Hilton Worldwide Revenue Management Department – Company of the Day: Aug. 31
- Career Fest: Sept. 7
- MBA Internship Presentation Competition and Networking Reception: Sept. 9 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Koch Industries Resume Review Session: Sept. 13
- MHC Kenworth – Company of the Day: Sept. 14
- Extreme Makeover – Resume Edition: Sept. 20 and 21
- Phillips 66 Day: Sept. 26
- Leadership Walton Networking Event: Sept. 26
- Business Career Fair: Sept. 27
- ALDI - Corporate Spotlight Week: Oct. 3-7
- Northwestern Mutual – Company of the Day: Oct. 12
- Dallas Career Fair: Oct. 17 from 2-4 p.m.
- General Mills – Company of the Day: Oct. 19
- Zweig Group – Company of the Day: Oct. 26
- Goosehead Insurance – Company of the Day: Nov. 9
- CBIZ MHM – Company of the Day: Nov. 30
Melissa Tatman, corporate outreach specialist
George W. Edwards Jr. Career Development Center, Sam M. Walton College of Business
Chancellor Joe Steinmetz and Big Red wish the U of A community a relaxing and safe spring break and look forward to everyone returning to campus March 26 to finish out the year.
Starting today, UARK Gmail, Blackboard and other services will use a new, secure login system called Azure. Popular services such as Office 365, Box and Kaltura are already using Azure to process logins.
Characteristics that predict higher levels of giving include age, sex, political affiliation, trust and social connectedness.
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences students in the physical therapy program visited the the Eleanor Mann School of Nursing to run through practice scenarios in simulation labs.
The Teacher Education Career Fair, for all students seeking employment opportunities within the education industry, will be from 3:30-6:30 p.m. April 3, in the Arkansas Union Ballroom.