Second Quarter Employee of the Quarter Selections Announced
The Staff Senate wishes to announce University of Arkansas Employee of the 2nd Quarter Awards for 2015-16.
Winners selected this quarter are:
- Carrie Pennington, administrative analyst, Industrial Engineering, Professional/Non-Faculty - Academic
- Ryan Miller, development/advancement specialist, Alumni Association, Professional/Non-Faculty - Administrative
- Natalia Karnes, administrative specialist II, Department of Sociology, Secretarial/Clerical
- Leigh Marshall, student applications specialist, Grad/International Administration, Technical/Paraprofessional
- Michael 'Kim' Williams, skilled tradesman, Carpenter Shop, Skilled Crafts/Service/Maintenance
Congratulations to all selections! The campus community is invited to join Staff Senate at its regular monthly meeting 9:30 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 11, in Arkansas Union room 509, to celebrate these staff members as they are honored. Each selection will receive a certificate and a monetary award for their selection. Selections for the Employee of the Quarter will also be submitted as candidates for the Employee of the Year. For more information about the Employee of the Quarter program, please visit the Staff Senate website.
Nominations for 3rd quarter of the current fiscal year will open on April 1-15 as the deadline for submissions.
Denise Bignar, chair EOQ/EOY
Professors Steve Tung of mechanical engineering and Jin-Woo Kim of biological engineering received an NIH grant to make DNA sequencing faster, cheaper and easier.
Lickwar collaborated on a garden design that was selected for the 2018 International Garden Festival at Chaumont-sur-Loire, a historic castle in France's Loire River Valley.
The IT Help Portal will be unavailable for up to six hours during Cherwell maintenance scheduled from 7 p.m. Friday to 1 a.m. Saturday.
The Exercise and Cognition in Teens (ExCITE) Pilot Study is recruiting teens of all sizes (ages 12-17). Teens will be compensated $100 for full participation.