Volunteers Needed: Welcome Our Residential Students During Move-in 2021
University Housing seeks your help welcoming the newest class of Razorbacks to Fayetteville.
Move-in is a fun event that brings faculty, staff, registered student organizations and the community together. University Housing depends on the enthusiasm and smiling faces of volunteers during move-in.
They believe this first contact with students sets an example for the rest of a students' time at the U of A.
Each year, students and their families rave about our fantastic volunteers and the welcoming atmosphere of the U of A. We look forward to a great beginning for our newest Razorbacks and hope you will join us during the move-in experience.
Volunteers will be needed Friday, Aug. 13, and Saturday, Aug. 14.
Every member of the U of A and the Fayetteville community is invited to join, and there are opportunities for everyone to help.
The final day to register to be a Move-In Volunteer is before noon on Friday, Aug. 6.
VOLUNTEER INFORMATION AND PERKS
- Volunteers receive a special move-in hat from University Housing.
- Volunteers enjoy a free lunch provided by one of the campus dining halls.
- Volunteers will be placed in areas with the most need (based on number of students arriving).
- There are three volunteer shifts offered daily on Friday, Aug 13, and Saturday, Aug 14. Specific information on the shift times for each day can be found in the Events section of our sign-up page at https://givepul.se/fhpba8.
- Move-in volunteer duties may include moving student belongings to their rooms, greeting students and families, assisting with elevator operations, checking out equipment, etc.
PARKING LOT COORDINATORS
A special role of importance is the parking lot coordinator. The main function of this role is to help support University Housing staff and to manage traffic in their parking area.
All volunteers will receive the appropriate training and more communication once their position is confirmed.
We would love to have you be a part of our move-in team this year as a parking lot coordinator!
Move-In dates and times are as follows:
- Wednesday, Aug. 11 — 7:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 12 — 7:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 13 — 7:30 a.m.- 3:10 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 14 — 7:30 a.m.- 3:10 p.m.
We will be breaking these times into shifts of no more than two to three hours. If you are interested in being a parking lot coordinator, please contact Paryn Freeman at email@example.com.
About University Housing: University Housing is a department within the Division of Student Affairs serving a residential community of around 6,200 on-campus students. More than 200 students find employment opportunities with University Housing each year. We offer educational programs that support the success of students and services that help students focus on academics at the University of Arkansas. Living on campus starts with a housing contract.
The Office of Study Abroad is celebrating the life-changing opportunities that international education has provided U of A students and alumni. Submit your story of international study.
Dereje Woldegiorgis and Yuqi Wei, doctoral students in electrical engineering, earned best presentations at the Applied Power Electronics Conference held virtually June 14-17.
This six-session series offers a fun and informative way for all faculty to learn methods to inspire, manage and professionally develop their mentees.
An honors course will be offered in the fall that will look at the social networks and structure of relationships in ancient Rome and neighboring areas.
The HIP Escape Room will be available from now through Friday. Discussions of high-impact educational practices will also be held from 9 a.m. to noon Friday in the Arkansas Union Ballroom.