Transit and Parking Reminders for the End of the School Year
As the University of Arkansas approaches the final days of the spring semester, there are a few Transit and Parking-related items you will want to keep in mind:
- To protect access to parking areas that individual permit holders have paid to use, parking enforcement is in place each day the university is open. This includes dead days (such as the one on Friday, April 30) and final exams (which are on May 3-6). Sometimes students assume that parking requirements apply only when classes are in session, but the university still has many employees and visitors on days when classes do not meet.
- When commencement takes place on May 6-8, parking areas are open to guests and family members who may be attending the ceremonies. You may click here for the university's commencement information.
- Razorback Transit will continue to run its current routes through Friday, May 7. There will be no service on Saturday, May 8, which is the main day of commencement. Reduced summer routes will begin on Monday, May 10. Until further notice, face-covering requirements and other coronavirus protocols remain in place on buses and at bus stops.
- Safe Ride will continue normal operations through Friday, May 7, but will not be available during the summer months.
- Beginning on Monday, May 10, any vehicle with a current parking permit (except the orange remote permit) may have access to resident reserved parking areas. (Those lots are indicated in red on the campus parking map).
- Transit and Parking is currently hiring Razorback Transit drivers and parking enforcement personnel. For details, you may go to jobs.uark.edu; then click on "career site." Click on "Fayetteville" to refine the search. In the search bar, type in "Transit" or "Parking," and you will be taken to the latest openings. Students often find that those positions are great jobs to have as they work through college, but not all drivers or all enforcers are students.
- License plate recognition (LPR) technology is still set to be fully implemented on campus by Monday, Aug. 2, and will be utilized when the fall semester begins on Monday, Aug. 23. More LPR information is available here.
- The current parking permits for faculty and staff members do not expire until July 31. Current green student parking permits expire on August 15. New virtual parking permits for the coming school year will be available to faculty and staff in July, and for students in late July or early August. Exact dates are to be announced. Once permits are available, they may be purchased online at myparkingaccount.uark.edu.
Panhellenic Bid Day will take place at 10 a.m. Saturday in the Chi Omega Greek Theatre and will be broadcast live on the Greek Life Facebook page. Several streets will be closed during the event.
Tristen Avent, Casey Arnold, Mason Castner, Maria Carolina and Juan Camilo Velasquez won top honors at the Southern Weed Contest earlier this month.
The College of Engineering holds summer camps on campus and across the state to show students what goes on in the world of engineering. They're also a lot of fun.
The U of A Press is pleased to announce that the 2023 Miller Williams Poetry Prize has been awarded to writer and educator Shaina Phenix by series editor Patricia Smith.
The Student Success Center continues to offer a high-impact network of resources and programming to ensure you have access to the opportunities you may need to thrive on campus. Stop by and visit.