Final Nominations Sought for Employees of the Second Quarter
Faculty and staff are invited and encouraged to nominate staff employees in recognition of outstanding service to the university for the second quarter: October, November and December. You can download a nomination form from the Staff Senate website or request a nomination form by contacting Travis Hefley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for nomination submissions for Employee of the Second Quarter is Jan. 15.
Each quarter, five outstanding U of A employees (classified or non-classified) are selected as Employee of the Quarter representing one of each of the following categories:
- Category I: Professional/Non-faculty - Administrative
- Category I: Professional/Non-faculty - Academic
- Category II: Secretarial/Clerical
- Category III: Technical/Paraprofessional
- Category IV: Skilled Crafts/Service/Maintenance
Eligibility for nomination:
- All regularly appointed staff are eligible for nomination.
- Nominees must have been employed by the university for at least one year.
- Employees must be nominated by a peer, co-worker or supervisor. Self-nominations are not accepted or recognized.
- Any employee who has been selected as an Employee of the Quarter within the last three years is not eligible.
Employees of the Year are selected from the candidates that have been chosen as Employees of the Quarter throughout the year.
Please visit the Staff Senate Employee of the Quarter Webpage for additional information about the Employee of the Quarter program.
Travis Hefley, EOQ/EOY chair
Asmita Singh, a doctoral student in food science, will have results of her research published in the March issue of the peer-reviewed journal Food Quality and Preference.
Weston Waldo has been named venture development program manager in the Office of Technology Ventures. Waldo, whose name is 王卫地 in Chinese, began his appointment on Oct. 1.
The Northwest Arkansas Council released a study and recommendations by The Sustainability Consortium based on the movement of recyclable materials.
The U of A supports these transferring students with scholarship opportunities like the Arkansas Transfer Achievement Scholarship, as well as guides to course equivalencies and transfer planning.
This program is open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors with a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher from any discipline and includes a paid, 12-week assignment with a host organization. Apply by Friday, Nov. 13.