Nominate Someone for Employee of the Quarter by Oct. 15
Faculty and staff are invited and encouraged to nominate staff employees in recognition of outstanding service to the university for the first quarter; July, August and September. You can download a nomination form here or request a nomination form by contacting Travis Hefley at email@example.com. The deadline for nomination submissions for Employee of the 1st Quarter is Oct. 15. Each quarter, five outstanding University of Arkansas employees (classified or non-classified) are selected as Employee of the Quarter representing one of each of the following five categories:
- Category I: Professional/Non-faculty – Administrative
- Category I: Professional/Non-faculty – Academic
- Category II: Secretarial/Clerical
- Category III: Technical/Paraprofessional
- Category IV: Skilled Crafts/Service/Maintenance
Eligibility for nomination:
- All regularly appointed staff are eligible for nomination.
- Nominees must have been employed by the university for at least one year.
- Employees must be nominated by a peer, co-worker, or supervisor. Self-nominations are not accepted or recognized.
- Any employee who has been selected as an Employee of the Quarter within the last three years is not eligible.
Employees of the Year are selected from the candidates that have been chosen as Employees of the Quarter throughout the year.
Please visit the Staff Senate webpage for additional information about the Employee of the Quarter program.
Travis Hefley, EOQ/EOY chair
The five U of A students will join over 2,100 U.S. citizens who will study, conduct research, and teach abroad for the 2020-21 academic year.
Honors College Fellow Jacob Huneycutt has won the prestigious Violet B. Gingles Award for a paper investigating a contentious 1901 split in the Arkansas Baptist State Convention.
Julia Loshelder, a senior honors civil engineering major, has been selected for two prestigious research fellowships.
Internationally renowned vocalist Farah Siraj will discuss her new music with Nicole Leachman, managing director of the Faulkner Center, at 3 p.m. (CDT) Friday, June 19, via the FPAC Facebook page.
The Department of Animal Science set a record this year for the number of students accepted into veterinary school with a total of 24 individuals who have already been granted admission.