16 Earn Benjamin Lever Fellowships
The University of Arkansas Graduate School has awarded Benjamin Lever Tuition Fellowships to 16 graduate students. The award aims to increase diversity within graduate degree programs by providing financial assistance to students from underrepresented groups.
The Lever fellowship covers graduate tuition costs for awardees.
The Lever Fellows for fall 2019 are:
- Ian Chennell, athletic training
- Gloria Deveraux, music
- Tayler Estrada, athletic training
- Abigail Flynn, athletic training
- Ethan Godfrey, music
- Rian Healy, athletic training
- Blake Hockaday, athletic training
- Renae Merrill, public policy
- Evan Rochat, athletic training
- Rolando Rodriguez, communication disorders
- Dominic Romero, teacher education
- Laura Smith, athletic training
- Gordon Xiong, counseling
- Rachel Backes, heath, sport and exercise science
- Mariah Green, public administration
- Stacee Lyles, music
Lever fellowship applications are now being accepted for the spring semester. The application deadline is Nov. 15.
Vicky Hartwell, director
Graduate Fellowships and Program Support
The exhibition "The House and the City: Two Collages" will be on display through Oct. 20 in the Fred and Mary Smith Exhibition Gallery in Vol Walker Hall. A reception will be held at 5 p.m. Sept. 19.
Alex Booth, Terry Garrity, JoAnn Kvamme, Leonard Ridley and David Stowers were named the Employees of the 3rd Quarter for the 2019-20 academic year.
HillFest, an information fair for students to meet campus departments and registered student organizations, is happening today on the Arkansas Union Mall from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The University Career Development Center, in collaboration with Walmart, will host Career Fest from noon to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 4, in the Verizon Ballroom of the Arkansas Union.
Jack Freeland and Davis Campbell will talk about their research experiences at 4 p.m. Friday, Aug. 30, in Physics Building Room 133.