Walton Career Services Introduces Tech Month and New Programming
Many of the events hosted by Walton Career Services will be held in Willard J. Walker Hall (WJWH).
Walton Career Services will close the spring semester with a wide variety of speakers and professional development opportunities as students prepare for their summer internships and full-time roles.
Students of any major will have the opportunity to participate in the events listed below and in various Tech Month activities that celebrate the role technology is playing in changing the workforce.
Walton Career Services will also introduce the new S.A.M. Talk speaker series. S.A.M. Talks - Students Achieving Milestones - is meant to inspire and foster an environment of continuous learning and growth through short, influential talks by either professionals or fellow students that empower students and motivate them to achieve more during their college experiences.
Walton Career Services will host the following events in April:
- J.B. Hunt - Company of the Day: April 2, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- J.B. Hunt Tech Talk: April 2, 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- PepsiCo Distinguished Lecture: April 4, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Introduction to Retail Link - Beginner Level: April 6, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Buckle - Company of the Day: April 9, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- S.A.M. Talk with Anupam Strivastava: "Birding and the future of work.": April 9, 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
- Business, Tech and Creative Careers in the Arts & Entertainment Industries Panel: April 9, 3:30 - 4:45 p.m.
- Business, Tech and Creative Careers in the Arts & Entertainment Industries Panel Post Reception: April 9, 4:45 - 6:00 p.m.
- Academy Sports + Outdoors Corporate Spotlight: April 10, 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- UA Employer Partners BBQ: April 11, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Retail Link Advanced: April 13, 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Escape Room: G.R.I.T. Challenge with Schmieding Product: April 15, 9:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Abbott - Company of the Day: April 16, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- S.A.M. Talk with Buster Arnwine, VP of Global Health at RB: "Going off Script: Building the plan to differentiate yourself from peers and get the career of your dreams.": April 17, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Are You Ready? Pop-Up Shop: Every Tuesday, 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
For more details and to register for events, use Handshake at uark.joinhandshake.com to see the complete list and newly added events.
The book Interpreting Kigali, Rwanda was published by the University of Arkansas Press in collaboration with the Fay Jones School of Architecture and Design.
Visiting professor Cory Olsen’s interior design class and two faculty members — Jessica Colangelo and Charles Sharpless — will have projects on display in New York.
The keynote speaker for the Play Therapy Conference will speak about the play can help heal trauma. The conference will be June 21-22.
U of A students from the School of Human Environmental Sciences recently connected with families in Fayetteville Public Schools to help parents better interact with their children.
A 2.5% increase in tuition will go into effect for the fall 2019 semester.