SOOIE 2019-20 Executive Board Applications Now Available
Executive Board applications for Student Organization Outreach & Involvement Experience (SOOIE) are now available on HogSync and students must meet co-curricular requirements to be considered for a position. All applications are due online by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, March 31. Interviews will be held April 3-4. Applicants will be contacted by the SOOIE Director of Administration to schedule an interview for their desired position. Selected candidates will be notified no later than Tuesday, April 9 and will be required to attend a leadership summit on Saturday, April 13.
SOOIE is a registered student organization that functions as a student outreach program within the Office of Student Activities. SOOIE oversees many different areas of RSO operations and assists any RSO who wishes to broaden its horizon on campus. Additionally, SOOIE serves as a resource for all undergraduate and graduate students who wish to be involved on campus. If you are interested in involvement and have a passion for student activities, SOOIE is for you. Positions available are:
- President - the Chief Executive Officer who manages the organization as a whole and is SOOIE's primary representative to campus, is expected to apply for the Student-At-Large position on the Programs Allocation Board and if selected, serve as a voting member
- Vice President of Internal Affairs -responsible for coordinating the Student Involvement Awards Banquet (with advisor). Serves as backup to the SOOIE President. Also manages a monthly award program for RSO's and their leaders
- Vice President of Finance-responsible for managing the SOOIE Budget; serves as an ex officio, non-voting member of the Associated Student Government Office of Financial Affairs board
- Director of Administration-responsible for administrative tasks including SOOIE calendar management, HOGSync portal management, and maintaining all official SOOIE documents (including meeting minutes)
- Director of Advertising and Public Relations - responsible for all marketing related to SOOIE events and programs (including social media advertisements and print materials)
- Director of Leadership - Responsible for planning the SOOIE Leadership Development Lunch program series
- Director of Involvement - responsible for helping students get connected to RSOs by coordinating SOOIE Involvement Consultations and RSO Involvement Fairs, and serves as coordinator for the Involvement Ambassadors
- Director of RSO Outreach -responsible for connecting RSOs to resources on campus, providing trainings for RSO Officers on various topics, and coordinating events with other large RSO's such as ASG
For any questions about SOOIE Exec applications please contact SOOIE President Ally Davis at email@example.com or SOOIE advisor Amber Widdowson at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Office of Student Activities at (479) 575-5255 for more information.
This application is sponsored by SOOIE through the Office of Student Activities and is supported by the Student Activities Fee. For questions or for accommodations due to disability please contact the Office of Student Activities, email@example.com or call 479-575-5255. SOOIE is a program in the Division of Student Affairs.
About the Division of Student Affairs: The Division of Student Affairs supports students in pursuing knowledge, earning a degree, finding meaningful careers, exploring diversity, and connecting with the global community. We provide students housing, dining, health care resources, and create innovative programs that educate and inspire. We enhance the University of Arkansas experience and help students succeed, one student at a time.
Faculty and staff are invited to attend a forum on research reproducibility and replicability from noon to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 26, in the Arkansas Union Ballroom. Register by March 20.
This grant is awarded to non-tenure-track faculty members as part of the Faculty Development and Enhancement initiative. All applications are due by 5 p.m. on Monday, March 25.
"Supply Chain Risk," will be presented by Ed Pohl, professor and head of the Department of Industrial Engineering at noon Wednesday, Mar. 27.
U of A Bookstore would like to appreciate the staff and faculty by providing a 25 percent discount on clothing, gifts, supplies and general books through Thursday, March 21.
Study is seeking female students between 21 and 29 years old who currently consume alcohol.