Commissions Awarded 13 Second Lieutenants
On Friday, May 11, thirteen University of Arkansas Air Force ROTC Cadets were commissioned as second lieutenants in the United States Air Force.
Over 200 attendees were present at the Commissioning Ceremony, which was held at the Arkansas Air and Military Museum in Fayetteville. Lt. Col. Steve Gray, USAF Retired, was the guest speaker. Other distinguished guest in attendance included:
- Jim Coleman, provost and executive vice chancellor for academic affairs
- Stephanie Blevins, Northwest Arkansas outreach coordinator, Office of the Governor
- Col. Frank Long, USAF Retired, Northwest Arkansas Military Officers of America chapter
- Capt. Cliff Mosier, USA Retired, Northwest Arkansas Military Officers of America chapter
The following list includes the commissionees, their earned degrees, as well as their Air Force career fields:
- 2d Lt. Monica Cooper, Master of Public Administration, contracting officer after one year as a Gold Bar recruiter
- 2d Lt. Austin Cowart, B.A. in International Studies, combat systems officer
- 2d Lt. Jared Emberson, B.S. in Kinesiology, pilot
- 2d Lt. Benjamin Fiser, B.A. in International Studies, security forces officer
- 2d Lt. John Hankes, B.S. in International Business, pilot
- 2d Lt. Nicholas Hauch, B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, logistics readiness officer
- 2d Lt. Hunter Lee, B.S. in Business Administration, pilot
- 2d Lt. Valentin Lopez III, B.A. in Spanish, intelligence officer
- 2d Lt. Gabriella Marrufo, B.A. in Criminal Justice, intelligence officer after one year as a Gold Bar recruiter
- 2d Lt. Andrew Peterson, B.A. in Political Science, remotely piloted aircraft pilot
- 2d Lt. SondraClaire Sellers, B.A. in International Studies, intelligence officer after one year as a Gold Bar recruiter
- 2d Lt. John Taylor, B.A. in Political Science, combat systems officer
- 2d Lt. Yia "Lucky" Thao, B.A. in Political Science, intelligence officer after one year as a Gold Bar recruiter
The Air Force ROTC Detachment 030 Thunderhawgs are very proud of the new commissionees.
Anna Gray, administrative specialist II
Air Force ROTC
U of A parking permit stickers for the 2018-2019 year must be placed on car windshields by the end of the month to avoid parking citations.
A tour of the excavation of Rome's newest subway line proved particularly interesting; since the excavation began in 2007, several archeological discoveries have been made.
Hyatt and his co-author spent five years studying Walmart's sustainability program, which they call "an ambitious effort to figure out how to get its budget-conscious customers to buy more sustainable products."
The talents of Beaulieu and Pernet will be on display at the Sculpture Studio Gallery located at 744 S. Hill Ave., Aug. 16-31, with the opening reception from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Aug. 16.
Auditions for all 2018-2019 Choral Ensembles will be held Monday, Aug. 20, and Tuesday, Aug. 21. All students, regardless of major, are eligible to audition and participate.