Army ROTC to Commission 12 Second Lieutenants on Friday
Commissioning Cadets from our December Joint Air Force and Army ROTC Commissioning Ceremony.
This Friday, May 12, the Razorback Brigade — UA Army ROTC — will commission 12 cadets to second lieutenants in the U.S. Army, the largest class in several years. These cadets have gone through at least four years of training here on campus, at various military installations throughout the country and even received training abroad. The cadets commissioning are as follows:
- Madeline Beck, a supply chain management major with a minor in sustainablilty
- Benjamin L. Hughey, a geography major
- Eric L. Jeter, majoring in political science with a minor in geography
- Geoffrey L. Logan, majoring in both international relations and Middle Eastern studies with minors in Arabic and geography
- Matthew R. Lund, majoring in criminal justice
- Joewaan M. Mitchell, majoring in educational studies
- Henry R. Neal IV, majoring in educational studies
- Nicholas M. Norwood, majoring in both international relations and Middle Eastern studies
- Tiffany T. Phan, majoring in criminal justice
- Wilburn C. Shaw, majoring in history
- Emily N. Sumrall, majoring in nursing
- Robert J. "Trace" Williams, majoring in management with a minor in finance
The guest speaker is Colonel Christopher S. Stanger, director of the Joint Staff for Arkansas National Guard. Other VIPs that will be present are as follows:
- Major General Mark Berry, adjutant general for the Arkansas National Guard
- Chancellor Joseph Steinmetz
- Laura Jacobs, vice chancellor and chief of staff
- Provost Jim Coleman
- Marcia Overby, associate vice chancellor for administration
- Mike Johnson, associate vice chancellor for facilities
- Ro Di Brezzo, vice provost for faculty development and enhancement
- Col. Anita Beason, U.S. Army retired and military and veterans liaison for Sen. Boozman
- Col. Brad Welch, U.S. Army retired and vice president of the NWA Chapter of the Military Officers of America Association
- Lona Robertson, interim dean of Bumpers College
- Lt. Col. Marc E. Wolfe, professor of aerospace studies, Air Force ROTC
- Charleen McNeil, assistant professor, Eleanor Mann School of Nursing
The ceremony will be at 10 a.m. Friday, May 12, in the Reynolds Center Auditorium. A reception will follow.
Candrilli will read from their work at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Home Economics Auditorium, room 0102, as the 2023-24 Walton Visiting Writer in Poetry.
The Bridge Fellows Program is designed to support graduate research on gender issues in any department or college for the spring semester.
Gavin Miller, an honors junior from Bryant who is studying public health and biology, has been selected as the Student Leader of the Month for August.
The U of A System Office has announced that eligible U of A employees will soon have access to Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection vaccines covered with no out-of-pocket expense through United Medical Resources.
The lecture and networking sessions are for senior leaders and human resource partners to engage with Dr. Charles Barber on the importance of linking belonging and leveraging diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging in a transformative workforce.