Third Quarter Employee of the Quarter Selections Announced
The Staff Senate wishes to announce University of Arkansas Employee of the 3rd Quarter Awards for 2014-15.
Winners selected this quarter are:
- Jason McAfee, program technician II, Department of Horticulture, Professional/Non-Faculty - Academic
- Janice Harrison, property accounting, Office of Associate Vice Chancellor of Finance, Professional/Non-Faculty - Administrative
- Diane Ogden, administrative support supervisor, Department of World Languages, Literature & Cultures, Secretarial/Clerical
- Lynne Lukas, fiscal support specialist, Graduate Sponsor Student Programs, Technical/Paraprofessional
- Michael Eddings, institutional service supervisor, Custodial Project & Relief, Skilled Crafts/Service/Maintenance
Congratulations to all of these winners! The campus community is invited to join Staff Senate at its regular monthly meeting 9:30 a.m. Thursday, May 14, in Giffels Auditorium to celebrate these staff members as they are honored. Each winner will receive a certificate and a monetary award at the ceremony. Winners of the Employee of the Quarter will also be submitted as candidates for the Employee of the Year. For more information about the Employee of the Quarter program, please visit the Staff Senate website. http://staffsenate.uark.edu/
Nominations for 4th quarter of the current fiscal year will open on July 1 and the deadline for submissions will be July 15. Reminders will be posted periodically on Newswire.
Denise Bignar,chair, EOQ/EOY-Staff Senate
Grants totaling $5.4 million will pay for cutting-edge equipment, fill a void for semiconductor production and train the next generation of researchers and engineers.
Larry Foley, chair of the School of Journalism and Strategic Media, has received an Emmy Award for directing from the Mid-America Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
The Department of Theatre opens the Pulitzer Prize finalist play The Wolves by playwright Sarah DeLappe, Friday, Oct. 29, in the Global Campus Black Box Theatre on the historic Fayetteville Square.
ASG and the Arkansas Alumni Association announced Jack Berg and Grace Crain as the 2021 Homecoming King and Queen and crowned them at the 2021 Homecoming football game.
Ed Pohl, professor and department head of industrial engineering, has received the 2021 J. Steinhardt Prize from the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences.