Third Quarter Employee of the Quarter Selections Announced
The Staff Senate wishes to announce University of Arkansas Employee of the 3rd Quarter Awards for 2014-15.
Winners selected this quarter are:
- Jason McAfee, program technician II, Department of Horticulture, Professional/Non-Faculty - Academic
- Janice Harrison, property accounting, Office of Associate Vice Chancellor of Finance, Professional/Non-Faculty - Administrative
- Diane Ogden, administrative support supervisor, Department of World Languages, Literature & Cultures, Secretarial/Clerical
- Lynne Lukas, fiscal support specialist, Graduate Sponsor Student Programs, Technical/Paraprofessional
- Michael Eddings, institutional service supervisor, Custodial Project & Relief, Skilled Crafts/Service/Maintenance
Congratulations to all of these winners! The campus community is invited to join Staff Senate at its regular monthly meeting 9:30 a.m. Thursday, May 14, in Giffels Auditorium to celebrate these staff members as they are honored. Each winner will receive a certificate and a monetary award at the ceremony. Winners of the Employee of the Quarter will also be submitted as candidates for the Employee of the Year. For more information about the Employee of the Quarter program, please visit the Staff Senate website. http://staffsenate.uark.edu/
Nominations for 4th quarter of the current fiscal year will open on July 1 and the deadline for submissions will be July 15. Reminders will be posted periodically on Newswire.
Jissel Esparza Saucedo has been named the Mitchell Williams Legal Diversity Fellow in recognition of her consistent service, significant leadership potential and consistent work to create an equitable playing field.
Renae Merrill, a doctoral student in the U of A Public Policy Program, discusses the association between social media use, personality structure and depression on the latest Short Talks episode.
Tulin Kaman, an assistant professor of mathematics, has been invited to serve as a three-year term on the Membership & Community Portfolio Committee of the Association for Women in Mathematics.
The U of A IT Security team has seen a recent uptick in phishing attacks. Here are some cybersecurity reminders for students, faculty and staff to help protect personal and university data.
The first research training workshops of the semester will be at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 8, and will cover the major equipment grant opportunities offered by several federal agencies.