Third Quarter Employee of the Quarter Selections Announced
The Staff Senate wishes to announce University of Arkansas Employee of the 3rd Quarter Awards for 2014-15.
Winners selected this quarter are:
- Jason McAfee, program technician II, Department of Horticulture, Professional/Non-Faculty - Academic
- Janice Harrison, property accounting, Office of Associate Vice Chancellor of Finance, Professional/Non-Faculty - Administrative
- Diane Ogden, administrative support supervisor, Department of World Languages, Literature & Cultures, Secretarial/Clerical
- Lynne Lukas, fiscal support specialist, Graduate Sponsor Student Programs, Technical/Paraprofessional
- Michael Eddings, institutional service supervisor, Custodial Project & Relief, Skilled Crafts/Service/Maintenance
Congratulations to all of these winners! The campus community is invited to join Staff Senate at its regular monthly meeting 9:30 a.m. Thursday, May 14, in Giffels Auditorium to celebrate these staff members as they are honored. Each winner will receive a certificate and a monetary award at the ceremony. Winners of the Employee of the Quarter will also be submitted as candidates for the Employee of the Year. For more information about the Employee of the Quarter program, please visit the Staff Senate website. http://staffsenate.uark.edu/
Nominations for 4th quarter of the current fiscal year will open on July 1 and the deadline for submissions will be July 15. Reminders will be posted periodically on Newswire.
The U of A will bring home a national award again this year from the University Professional and Continuing Education Association, and eight U of A staff members will showcase their expertise in presentations.
The Movement student showcase will be performed in the Nadine Baum Studios, 505 W. Spring St., Fayetteville, on Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 2-3, with shows at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. each day. Get tickets now.
Mostafa Mahmoudi, a doctoral student in chemistry, placed first; Christina Barnes, a doctoral student psychology, placed second; and Kindler Norman, a doctoral student in physics, won the People Choice Award.
Lindsey Aloia, associate dean for international education and associate professor of communication, has been awarded the 2023 Gerald R. Miller Book Award from The National Communication Association.
Applications for spring 2024 scholarships may be submitted via the application link on the Staff Senate Scholarships website. The deadline for submission is 5 p.m. this Friday.