2015 Teaching Improvement Grant Awards
The Teaching and Faculty Support Center is pleased to announce the faculty who were awarded funding in the 2015 TFSC-sponsored teaching improvement grant competition.
A total of 21 grant proposals were received from faculty across campus representing 20 departments or units. After review of the proposals, notification of funding was made on Feb. 11 to the following faculty:
Teaching Improvement Grant Awards (up to $2,000 each)
- Natalie Becknell and Michelle Bernhardt (Engineering – Civil Engineering)
3D Printed Models in the Classroom to Aid Learning and Improve Spatial Visualization Skills
- Geffrey Davis (Fulbright College – English)
Angling in Literature and Culture
- Michelle Gray (Education and Health Professions – Health, Human Performance and Recreation)
Reducing Ageism through Simulation Training and Service-Learning
- Laurence Hare (Fulbright College – History)
Prepoaring Students for Major Success: Integrating Perspectives Core and Departmental Curricular Goals
- Shanda Hood, Jana Gastineau, and Gretchen Thompson (Fulbright College – Mathematics Resource and Teaching Center)
Training for Supplementary Instruction Supervisors
- Sophie Janicke (Fulbright College – Communication)
Social and Emotional Learning in Higher Ed
- Phoebe Lickwar (Fay Jones School – Landscape Architecture) and Jennifer Webb (Fay Jones School – Interior Design)
Wearable Cameras as Instructional Tools
- Catherine Shoulders (Bumpers College – Agricultural Education, Communications, and Technology)
Essays for Education: A Preservice Teacher Pilot Reading Program
A stipulation of each grant awarded is a plan for sharing outcomes with the University of Arkansas faculty. Look for more details in academic year 2015-16.
Please join the Teaching and Faculty Support Center in congratulating and supporting these award winners.
Lori Libbert, special events manager
Teaching and Faculty Support Center
W.E. Manning Memorial Scholarships provide $2,000 each to seven graduate and undergraduate students in online degree programs.
Professors Lori Holyfield, Mindy Bradley, Celina Suarez and Jim Gigantino were selected to receive Fulbright College's most prestigious endowed faculty awards.
Cadet Daniel Hendrix was presented a Graduate Student Leader Award for spring 2019 for his volunteerism as a student mentor for Off Campus Student Services.
Registered student organization re-registration for the 2019-20 academic year is now open. RSOs must re-register by June 30 in order to have benefits for the 2019-20 academic year.
The joint venture between UAMS and the U of A College of Education and Health Professions offers students a chance to earn a clinical doctorate in occupational therapy.