Start Preparing Now for Staff Senate Scholarship
In addition to the generous tuition discount given by the university, Staff Senate awards several scholarships each year to eligible employees to help offset the remaining costs associated with taking classes. The Staff Senate is excited to announce that it has received matching funds from Chancellor Joseph E. Steinmetz for the second year in a row in support of Staff Scholarships, once again, doubling our ability to award scholarships to more staff! Just like last year, Staff Senate hopes to have another record year in awards!
The Staff Senate Scholarship officially opens in a couple of weeks starting April 28 and close on June 2. Why not prepare in advance? Start now gathering the items needed for the application process. Here's how:
Scholarship Eligibility: Each applicant must be a 100 percent appointed, full-time University of Arkansas staff employees at the Fayetteville campus. Applicants must also have been employed by the University of Arkansas for at least one year prior to the scholarship deadline.
Scholarship Criteria: Each applicant must:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher to receive the award;
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 in the fall semester in order to continue the scholarship for the spring semester;
- Be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours of coursework per semester;
- Express a desire to contribute to the University through further educational endeavors;
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance in the pursuit of further education;
- Provide at least two references by submitting two Recommendation Forms; and
- In addition, finalists may be interviewed by the members of the Scholarship Committee.
Required forms: All required application materials should be typed or printed in ink, complete in content, and submitted together, including:
- Completed Staff Scholarship Application Form
- Completed Statement of Educational Purpose and Need Form
- Two Letters of Recommendation & Recommendation Letter Request Forms
- Current transcript of college coursework or high school coursework
Following the criteria and the timelines is very important as late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Still have questions? Please visit the Staff Senate Scholarship Award page for additional information.
Blake Chapman, scholarship chair
Charlie Alison, executive editor
Editor-selected comments will be published below. No abusive material, personal attacks, profanity, spam or material of a similar nature will be considered for publication.comments powered by Disqus
Artist Wanbli Gamache is making a name for himself in the growing world of time-based art. He has showcased his work in new media art festivals in Athens to Ecuador, as well as in Miami, Chicago, South Carolina and Little Rock.
A $250,000 gift from Greenway Equipment, Inc. will be used to fund two scholarships and an excellence fund at the University of Arkansas.
The winner of the Department of Theatre's 2017 Kernodle New Play Award is Barbara Hammond for her play Visible From Four States.
Academic and industry experts will be among the speakers discussing the challenges and opportunities involved in managing the health and well-being of cattle, poultry and hogs.
Recent University of Arkansas graduates are invited to join the Young Alumni Program within the Razorback Foundation for a reduced rate on football and men's basketball tickets.