Walton's Career Center Preps Students for Career Readiness
Each year Walton College's Career Development Center hosts a Corporate Comes to Campus event the first week of fall semester to introduce students to potential employers.
The George W. Edwards Jr. Career Development Center at the Sam M. Walton College of Business will host a variety of events this fall to help prep students for career readiness through engagement with industry professionals, professional development skill enhancement and internship/job search strategy.
In addition to traditional career fairs and professional development sessions, this semester's events will include Corporate Spotlight programs, as well as our new Company of the Day program. A summary of events is included below.
- Career Closet Overstock: Aug. 30 from 1-4 p.m.
- Hilton Worldwide Revenue Management Department – Company of the Day: Aug. 31
- Career Fest: Sept. 7
- MBA Internship Presentation Competition and Networking Reception: Sept. 9 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Koch Industries Resume Review Session: Sept. 13
- MHC Kenworth – Company of the Day: Sept. 14
- Extreme Makeover – Resume Edition: Sept. 20 and 21
- Phillips 66 Day: Sept. 26
- Leadership Walton Networking Event: Sept. 26
- Business Career Fair: Sept. 27
- ALDI - Corporate Spotlight Week: Oct. 3-7
- Northwestern Mutual – Company of the Day: Oct. 12
- Dallas Career Fair: Oct. 17 from 2-4 p.m.
- General Mills – Company of the Day: Oct. 19
- Zweig Group – Company of the Day: Oct. 26
- Goosehead Insurance – Company of the Day: Nov. 9
- CBIZ MHM – Company of the Day: Nov. 30
Melissa Tatman, corporate outreach specialist
George W. Edwards Jr. Career Development Center, Sam M. Walton College of Business
Murphy-Erby has plans to facilitate existing diversity programs, long term goal of achieving total campus engagement.
The Startup Crawl will feature local startups, live music, food, craft beer from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 29.
Bumpers College's International Programs Office is hosting an International Information Fair from 3:30-5 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 26, in the AFLS Building atrium.
The U of A master's degree in physical education, which is delivered online, was recently ranked No. 2 on a listing of best online master's degree programs in physical education
Banned Books Week — an annual celebration of the freedom to read — takes place Sept. 24-30. University Libraries will celebrate with displays and events throughout the week.