Arkansas Academy of Biological and Agricultural Engineering Announces New Members
From left to right: Chris Pixley, Anthony Doss, Ray Avery, Indrajeet Chaubey, Drake McGruder.
The Arkansas Academy of Biological and Agricultural Engineers, an organization comprised of University of Arkansas alumni, inducted new members at a banquet on April 8.
The Arkansas Academy of Biological and Agricultural Engineering was founded in 2002 by the Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering at the University Of Arkansas. The charter members are eminent graduates of the biological and agricultural engineering program.
- Ray Avery, B.S.B.E. 2003, M.S.B.E. 2007, environmental engineer, Beaver Water District
- Indrajeet Chaubey, M.S.B.A.E. 1994, professor and head of the Department of Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Science and professor of agricultural and biological engineering, Purdue University.
- Anthony Doss, B.S.B.A.E. 1996, director of manufacturing design, Tyson Foods
- Drake McGruder, M.S.B.E. 2006, senior manager, Kraft Heinz Company-Fort Smith
- Chris Pixley, B.S.B.E. 2002, head of production, Novozymes
Camilla Shumaker, director of communications
College of Engineering
Schulte will offer a preview of Honors College Signature Seminar coming next spring during a lecture at 5:15 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 20, in Gearhart Hall Auditorium.
Three students in the graduate athletic training program — Eric Schwartz, Kristen Peterson and Mariellen Veach — won scholarships and research grants from the Southwest Athletic Trainers' Association.
Bob Maranto, a professor in the Department of Education Reform, argues in a Chronicle of Higher Education article that worries of university students being swayed to liberal viewpoints is overblown.
The Arkansas Teacher Corps works to recruit, train and support individuals from all majors and backgrounds to serve as outstanding teachers for Arkansas students.
Weiyi Ma and Amanda Williams have joined the faculty in the U of A's School of Human Environmental Science's human development and family sciences program.