University Recreation to Host Love Your Body Week
University Recreation will host Love Your Body week Monday, Feb. 8 through Sunday, Feb. 14. This one-week event comprises daily activities held across campus that are geared toward promoting body positivity. Activities will include a mindful yoga class, free chair massages, climbing and crate stacking, and more. Student, faculty, and staff are welcome to participate.
Additionally, there will be a photo booth at tabling events every day at the HPER or the Arkansas Union. The UA community is encouraged to have their photo taken which will be displayed at the UREC Fitness Center entrance in the AR Union for the remainder of February.
"Love Your Body Week is an opportunity to promote positive body awareness and keep all activities encouraging," said Shaina Hayutin, graduate assistant for fitness/wellness. "This event will be a great way for participants to continue fueling their New Year motivation."
MIndful Monday: Feb. 8
- Tabling: Union Connections Lounge 12:30-2 p.m. Get your photo taken.
- Activity: You, Yourself and Yoga; Leslie Union 4:30-5:20 p.m. (Yoga)
Treat Yo'Self Tuesday: Feb. 9
- Tabling: Union Living Room (fireplace) noon to 2 p.m.; HPER Lobby 4-6 p.m. Get your photo taken.
- Activity: Free Chair Massages – Union Connections Lounge noon to 2 p.m.
- Activity: BYOB Be Your Own Boss 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wellness Center on Garland (info board/table). This session will focus on being an assertive bystander and standing up against sexual violence.
Workout Buddy Wednesday: Feb. 10
- Tabling: Union Food Court 12:30 p.m. Get your photo taken.
- Activity: Inspirational Intervals- partner workout; Ray Union 3:30-4:20 p.m. (INSANITY)
Thowback Thursday: Feb. 11
- Tabling: HPER Lobby 4-6 p.m. Get your photo taken.
- Activity: Retro themed Group Fitness classes; All Group Fitness classes that day
- Activity: Cupid's Crush: HPER Gym 1 – 4-8 p.m.
Free Yourself Friday: February 12th
- Tabling: HPER Lobby 1-3 p.m. Get your photo taken.
- Activity: Citizen Hands-Only CPR 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Activity: Classes start at 11 a.m.; noon; 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- Activity: Free BP & Body comp (HPER Lobby) 1-3 p.m.
- Activity: Attend a dance class free of inhibition; Gabby Union Zumba 5:30-6:20 p.m.
Sunday Fun-Day: Feb. 14
- Activity: Do something active and fun for yourself today. Go outside! Dance! Move!
Casey Fant , assistant director
Editor-selected comments will be published below. No abusive material, personal attacks, profanity, spam or material of a similar nature will be considered for publication.comments powered by Disqus
The Department of Crop, Soil and Environmental Sciences raised more than $22,800 for scholarships at its 18th Annual Delta Scholarship Golf Classic this summer.
This year's conference was opened to attendees inside and outside the campus including the Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce and surrounding colleges and universities.
Research shows empathy for a perceived artist affects enjoyment and that listeners want their music happy but their poetry sad.
Men and women ages 21-45 are needed for a nutrition study examining the effects of sorghum bran polyphenols on fecal fermentation.
Jake Smith and Madeline Wagnon, who were named Razorback Classics this year, stay busy with summer work.