University Recreation to Host Love Your Body Week
University Recreation will host Love Your Body week Monday, Feb. 8 through Sunday, Feb. 14. This one-week event comprises daily activities held across campus that are geared toward promoting body positivity. Activities will include a mindful yoga class, free chair massages, climbing and crate stacking, and more. Student, faculty, and staff are welcome to participate.
Additionally, there will be a photo booth at tabling events every day at the HPER or the Arkansas Union. The UA community is encouraged to have their photo taken which will be displayed at the UREC Fitness Center entrance in the AR Union for the remainder of February.
"Love Your Body Week is an opportunity to promote positive body awareness and keep all activities encouraging," said Shaina Hayutin, graduate assistant for fitness/wellness. "This event will be a great way for participants to continue fueling their New Year motivation."
MIndful Monday: Feb. 8
- Tabling: Union Connections Lounge 12:30-2 p.m. Get your photo taken.
- Activity: You, Yourself and Yoga; Leslie Union 4:30-5:20 p.m. (Yoga)
Treat Yo'Self Tuesday: Feb. 9
- Tabling: Union Living Room (fireplace) noon to 2 p.m.; HPER Lobby 4-6 p.m. Get your photo taken.
- Activity: Free Chair Massages – Union Connections Lounge noon to 2 p.m.
- Activity: BYOB Be Your Own Boss 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wellness Center on Garland (info board/table). This session will focus on being an assertive bystander and standing up against sexual violence.
Workout Buddy Wednesday: Feb. 10
- Tabling: Union Food Court 12:30 p.m. Get your photo taken.
- Activity: Inspirational Intervals- partner workout; Ray Union 3:30-4:20 p.m. (INSANITY)
Thowback Thursday: Feb. 11
- Tabling: HPER Lobby 4-6 p.m. Get your photo taken.
- Activity: Retro themed Group Fitness classes; All Group Fitness classes that day
- Activity: Cupid's Crush: HPER Gym 1 – 4-8 p.m.
Free Yourself Friday: February 12th
- Tabling: HPER Lobby 1-3 p.m. Get your photo taken.
- Activity: Citizen Hands-Only CPR 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Activity: Classes start at 11 a.m.; noon; 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- Activity: Free BP & Body comp (HPER Lobby) 1-3 p.m.
- Activity: Attend a dance class free of inhibition; Gabby Union Zumba 5:30-6:20 p.m.
Sunday Fun-Day: Feb. 14
- Activity: Do something active and fun for yourself today. Go outside! Dance! Move!
Casey Fant , assistant director
Editor-selected comments will be published below. No abusive material, personal attacks, profanity, spam or material of a similar nature will be considered for publication.comments powered by Disqus
Getting an emergency notification is a first step, but knowing what to do next is just as important — the information is at your fingertips.
Michelle Wisdom, Dan Sandor and Paige Boyle claimed first, second and third place honors, respectively, in the Turfgrass Science division competition.
Chenggang Lai, a graduate student in the Department of Computer Science and Computer Engineering, has won second place at the ACM SIGSPATIAL Student Research Competition.
The Arkansas Chapter of the American Institute of Architects recognized alumni and faculty of the Fay Jones School of Architecture and Design with numerous awards in November.
U of A graduate students in counselor education are taking adventure therapy programs into local schools with the goal of helping students build self-esteem and self-efficacy.