University Recreation to Host Love Your Body Week
University Recreation will host Love Your Body week Monday, Feb. 8 through Sunday, Feb. 14. This one-week event comprises daily activities held across campus that are geared toward promoting body positivity. Activities will include a mindful yoga class, free chair massages, climbing and crate stacking, and more. Student, faculty, and staff are welcome to participate.
Additionally, there will be a photo booth at tabling events every day at the HPER or the Arkansas Union. The UA community is encouraged to have their photo taken which will be displayed at the UREC Fitness Center entrance in the AR Union for the remainder of February.
"Love Your Body Week is an opportunity to promote positive body awareness and keep all activities encouraging," said Shaina Hayutin, graduate assistant for fitness/wellness. "This event will be a great way for participants to continue fueling their New Year motivation."
MIndful Monday: Feb. 8
- Tabling: Union Connections Lounge 12:30-2 p.m. Get your photo taken.
- Activity: You, Yourself and Yoga; Leslie Union 4:30-5:20 p.m. (Yoga)
Treat Yo'Self Tuesday: Feb. 9
- Tabling: Union Living Room (fireplace) noon to 2 p.m.; HPER Lobby 4-6 p.m. Get your photo taken.
- Activity: Free Chair Massages – Union Connections Lounge noon to 2 p.m.
- Activity: BYOB Be Your Own Boss 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wellness Center on Garland (info board/table). This session will focus on being an assertive bystander and standing up against sexual violence.
Workout Buddy Wednesday: Feb. 10
- Tabling: Union Food Court 12:30 p.m. Get your photo taken.
- Activity: Inspirational Intervals- partner workout; Ray Union 3:30-4:20 p.m. (INSANITY)
Thowback Thursday: Feb. 11
- Tabling: HPER Lobby 4-6 p.m. Get your photo taken.
- Activity: Retro themed Group Fitness classes; All Group Fitness classes that day
- Activity: Cupid's Crush: HPER Gym 1 – 4-8 p.m.
Free Yourself Friday: February 12th
- Tabling: HPER Lobby 1-3 p.m. Get your photo taken.
- Activity: Citizen Hands-Only CPR 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Activity: Classes start at 11 a.m.; noon; 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- Activity: Free BP & Body comp (HPER Lobby) 1-3 p.m.
- Activity: Attend a dance class free of inhibition; Gabby Union Zumba 5:30-6:20 p.m.
Sunday Fun-Day: Feb. 14
- Activity: Do something active and fun for yourself today. Go outside! Dance! Move!
Casey Fant , assistant director
Editor-selected comments will be published below. No abusive material, personal attacks, profanity, spam or material of a similar nature will be considered for publication.comments powered by Disqus
For many this was the first – and last – opportunity to see the inside of the historic nuclear test reactor.
The Graduate School and International Education has created the Office of Graduate Fellowships and Student Success. The restructuring went into effect on Jan. 1.
The Department of Art is pleased to announce the exhibition Taylor Baldwin: True Neutral Human. The exhibition will be on display from Jan. 19 to Feb. 19 in the Fine Arts Center Gallery.
The U of A Student Gallery, sUgAR, will host an opening reception for the exhibition, Students of Tim LaTourette from 5:30-8 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 26, in sUgAR Gallery, located at 1 East Center.
The award presented Nov. 11 to Brent Thomas Williams, U of A associate professor of rehabilitation education and research, was in recognition of service to social justice.