Second Quarter Employee of the Quarter Selections Announced
The Staff Senate wishes to announce University of Arkansas Employee of the 2nd Quarter Awards for 2015-16.
Winners selected this quarter are:
- Carrie Pennington, administrative analyst, Industrial Engineering, Professional/Non-Faculty - Academic
- Ryan Miller, development/advancement specialist, Alumni Association, Professional/Non-Faculty - Administrative
- Natalia Karnes, administrative specialist II, Department of Sociology, Secretarial/Clerical
- Leigh Marshall, student applications specialist, Grad/International Administration, Technical/Paraprofessional
- Michael 'Kim' Williams, skilled tradesman, Carpenter Shop, Skilled Crafts/Service/Maintenance
Congratulations to all selections! The campus community is invited to join Staff Senate at its regular monthly meeting 9:30 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 11, in Arkansas Union room 509, to celebrate these staff members as they are honored. Each selection will receive a certificate and a monetary award for their selection. Selections for the Employee of the Quarter will also be submitted as candidates for the Employee of the Year. For more information about the Employee of the Quarter program, please visit the Staff Senate website.
Nominations for 3rd quarter of the current fiscal year will open on April 1-15 as the deadline for submissions.
Denise Bignar, chair EOQ/EOY
Editor-selected comments will be published below. No abusive material, personal attacks, profanity, spam or material of a similar nature will be considered for publication.comments powered by Disqus
A presentation by astronomy faculty and students on Thursday, Aug. 17 is the first of many events related to the Aug. 21 eclipse.
Olivia Caillouet, a graduate student in agricultural and extension education, was recently awarded a scholarship by the Arkansas Flower and Garden Show.
Alumnus Demonstrates Significant Impact of Undergraduate Students on Biomedical Optics and Imaging Research
Kinan Alhallak, a recent U of A graduate, was the first author on a scientific paper published this summer in the Journal of Biomedical Optics about optical imaging research.
Panhellenic Bid Day will take place at 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 19, in the Chi Omega Greek Theatre, and will broadcast live on UATV.
Assistant professor Moon-Sook Park and two U of A students – Kyle Forehand and Hannah Rodriguez – performed at the Brancaleoni International Music Festival in Piobbico, Italy.